Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Getting tougher to stand for long periods of time

With all the virtual teaching I see a lot of teachers have switched to standing desks for the computer work station. They seem to think it is more comfortable.
    It is pretty easy to replace a office chair gas strut but as I remember there are two possible tapers at the top of the strut. You have to use a pipe wrench to take the seat off and check before ordering. It is similar to a Morse #3 taper. Make sure to wear gloves when you unclip the strut from the base. It will be black oily grease that does not wash off.
    Bil lD.

If I was still working and had not retired, I was seriously considering a standing desk, since I was on the computer pretty much all day long...even at that point over three years ago, a lot of meetings were via video, both for practicality and because it was part of the solution we were selling. Sitting for long periods of time can be worse than standing for long periods of time it seems...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I started using a standing desk in 2017 and would not want to go back. It's actually a motorized sit/stand. I bought the frame, then DIY'ed the top. The key is to not start out by trying to stand for 8 straight hours. I found that you need to work up to that but now, am to the point that is actually more comfortable for me to be standing than sitting.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep