Thread: Toast Tongs

Toast Tongs

Making a few pairs of these in my spare time. A good project while staying home. Not much material needed. 3/8" x 8"

Toast Tongs.jpg

They are nice ...and that's one that Edison missed ! I like the end pads. Think a little deeper accent grips would asure
    all users that they were hand made.

That’s neat, Tom. If you get a chance, would love to know more about the build, hardware used, etc.
    Thanks for posting!

My father made many of these years ago. He used tongue depressors, a rounded spacer block on one end, and glue. Sometines he placed decorative upholstery tacks at the joints. Simple and they last for years. The ones that the OP made are attractive and more stylish, though. Nicely done!
    Jerry

"It is better to fail in originality than succeed in imitation" - Herman Melville

I don't even like toast, but those tongs are awesome!

Classy! My kiddo got us a couple pair for a gift a few years ago. They’re crude by comparison but still work well.

B35535DE-FE70-4AB3-A985-21D5E8A92D22.jpg
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

This is the fourth or fifth version. First was an extended clothes pin. It used the spring to close. It's better to use the spring to open. This spring came from the big blue box. It is 3/4" x 1/4". Start with that. The pivot pin is another challenge. This one used a roofing nail riveted on the other side. I have since replaced it with a brass screw. Better but with room for improvement.

Thanks Tom. It's a small, but very cool project.