Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Into the new year....

Into the new year....

As we approach midnight on this December 31, I'll probably be snoring when the new year arrives, but though I'm not superstitious, if by chance I am awake, I may follow the old Irish tradition opening the front door for the new year to enter and opening the backdoor to allow the old year to leave. I know people who are saying they will open the windows too just to ease the transition.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all Creekers and especially to the supporting staff!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Happy New Year, all!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Happy New Year, all!
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Happy New Year! 2021 will have to be better than 2020. At least I'm optimistic that it will be.

Blog Entries
    Happy New Year everyone. Let's all work together to make 2021 better than 2020.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Happy New Year! I hope it's healthy and fulfilling for everyone!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Happy New Year!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    As we approach midnight on this December 31, I'll probably be snoring when the new year arrives, but though I'm not superstitious, if by chance I am awake, I may follow the old Irish tradition opening the front door for the new year to enter and opening the backdoor to allow the old year to leave. I know people who are saying they will open the windows too just to ease the transition.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all Creekers and especially to the supporting staff!
    We opened the doors, and lifted our left foot so we'd start off on the right foot!
    Don't let it bring you down,
    It's only castles burning,
    Just find someone who's turning,
    And you will come around

Neil Young (with a little bit of emphasis added by me)

Board member, Gulf Coast Woodturners Association

Yes, happy and safe new year to all!

May the second pandemic year quickly transition back normal with people joining together to act with wisdom and selflessness. May effective vaccines be made quickly available to all and fairly to those who need it the most. May the authorities act with wisdom and efficiency May the health and emergency workers be kept safe from infection. And may those families in serious trouble find food and shelter. My we each search for and be guided to help someone specific in need.

I'd like to be able to step foot off the farm again!

JKJ

Yes a safe and Happy New Year to all my friends here.

The ribs are on the BBQ, will be ready in an hour, can’t wait......Rod

A Happy New Year to all. A chance for a new beginning. 2021 has to be a better year. Of course, compared to 2020 that should not be difficult.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Mooney View Post
    We opened the doors, and lifted our left foot so we'd start off on the right foot!
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post

May the second pandemic year quickly transition back normal with people joining together to act with wisdom and selflessness. May effective vaccines be made quickly available to all and fairly to those who need it the most. May the authorities act with wisdom and efficiency May the health and emergency workers be kept safe from infection. And may those families in serious trouble find food and shelter. My we each search for and be guided to help someone specific in need.

JKJ
    Amen, Brother John!
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post

JKJ
    Amen and amen!

The extended family was at our house to have a "safe" New Years Eve gathering indoors. Most wore masks until they ate. To me it didn't look safe. I did come out of isolation for 15 minutes to say Happy New Year.
    I'm not superstitious but I like science so I opened the backdoor and the windows to allow the potential virus to leave.
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right."
    - Henry Ford