Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Into the new year....

I would love to be optimistic about 2021, but I've got this nagging feeling that it's going to turn out to be "2020 Service Pack 1":
    a few bug fixes but nothing dramatic until you do a clean install on a new machine.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    I would love to be optimistic about 2021, but I've got this nagging feeling that it's going to turn out to be "2020 Service Pack 1":
    a few bug fixes but nothing dramatic until you do a clean install on a new machine.

I'm afraid at least in the early going you're right Lee. First couple months are going to be hard for many. They are trying to make it out that the Federal government is the reason the target number for the vaccine program wasn't reached. But all 50 states control the actual program. They said this morning that only 12.5 million vials were distributed. But much worse only about 3.5 million have been given. 25% isn't very good. It clearly means that there is a failure at the state level as well. Then there are the "line jumpers" but that's a whole different thread.

On a brighter note I think I will be returning to work Monday or Tuesday. So I have missed about 5 weeks because of Covid 19. I'm doing pretty well now other than a lot of coughing still at times and numbness/tingling in left hand pinky and ring finger and a slight amount in right hand pinky. Avoid this if you can. It's like Russian roulette. You don't know how it might affect you until you get it.
    Last edited by Ronald Blue; 01-02-2021 at 1:18 PM.

Ronald, I’ve been following your “progress” since you told us about your infection.
    I found out my daughter and family in Los Angeles had been tested and came back with the antibodies-my son in law had been sick for weeks in the spring but because of lower testing rates had not been diagnosed at the time.
    I also wish everyone a good 2021; become activists for vaccine rollout at your state and local levels.
    My cousin in Seattle tells me they have no plan for his vaccination. Canada may not be any better.
    Pathetic!
    Young enough to remember doing it;
    Old enough to wish I could do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    We expect 2021 to be Pandemic, Year 2.

Hope we are wrong. But for me it is still double masks, eye or face shield, groceries delivered to the car, attend church by live stream/clubs and board meetings by zoom, and stay busy around the farm. At least I live on 27 acres and have SO much to do. I feel so bad for people stuck in apartments and such. Our friends in a city in the far northern part of Italy are once again not allowed to leave their building except for emergencies or to pick up groceries. (The police patrol constantly and stop people on the street.) Fortunately, they have a double apartment with lots of space.

JKJ

Yes, 2021 will continue "business as usual" but will hopefully bring increasingly more pleasant conditions as the months go on, particularly after about June or so. Assuming the masses don't become stupid. It's not affecting this household a huge amount since we're not "social butterflies" anyway, but we do look forward to being able to share meals with some close friends once in awhile.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Blue View Post
    On a brighter note I think I will be returning to work Monday or Tuesday. So I have missed about 5 weeks because of Covid 19. I'm doing pretty well now other than a lot of coughing still at times and numbness/tingling in left hand pinky and ring finger and a slight amount in right hand pinky. Avoid this if you can. It's like Russian roulette. You don't know how it might affect you until you get it.
    Great news! Thanks for the update Ronald.
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right."
    - Henry Ford