Thread: Checked your cabinets lately? Those really deep ones?

Checked your cabinets lately? Those really deep ones?

So the wife gets me a 'robot bartender' (Bartesian) for xmas, only all the drink mix pods were sold out.

Today finally, the Margarita mixes showed up. One thing we have plenty of around here is alcohol-
    not because we're big drinkers, exactly the opposite. We don't drink much at all.

So here it is, New Years Eve, finally got drink mixes for the Bartesian, so I need to locate some
    whiskey, tequila, rum and vodka for it. Found some vodka in garage, some light rum on the fridge,
    found some tequila in the garage, but couldn't find any of my Canadian Hunter. I know I didn't
    drink the last of it. Went out to the one shed, found about a dozen fifths of flavored vodka,
    more tequila, but no canadian?

The wife had me check a rarely used cabinet under the stove-bar.

Found the 2 bottles of Vinique we got last year (metalflake liqueur, weird stuff), nothing else...

"So, what about the coffee creamer/sweetener/tupperware cabinet?" I ask the wife---

"I don't think so, but I'll check--"

(This cabinet goes all the way under the microwave to the far wall, once you move
    the 'fake wall' of tupperware out of the way...)

This is what was hiding back there...
    bz1.jpg
    Had no idea. Can't remember when it all got put there.
    And amazingly enough, all the Irish cream is still good

Got a similar cabinet under the sink, but not sure I even WANT to know
    what's hiding way back in THAT one
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Where's the Creme de Menthe?

Gotta have something with Chicharrones.

Geez 2020 could have been a lot better if you found all this earlier, but at least 2021 can get off to a good start!

I'm guessing he doesn't yet know it's 2021......

Blog Entries
    For don't drink much at all, that is quite a stash! Must be an alcohol collector. Me? I don't drink much either and only have a few beers in the fridge that the kids brought over. Looking back on 2020, it might have been a good year to start drinking.
    NOW you tell me...

Sounds like an alcoholic hid his stash in various places, and finally got sober enough to remember where it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    Sounds like an alcoholic hid his stash in various places, and finally got sober enough to remember where it is.
    Exactly what I was wondering

I thought it was a sudden discovery of misplaced cleaning supplies.

Actually, most of the booze was 'collected' when we started avidly boating around 2003. In 2005 we lived the summer on our 32' Party Cruiser, loved it so much the next year we sold our home to buy a 50' SkipperLiner. People LOVE partying on boats, so we accumulated a lot of drinking supplies Due to good business and taking care of aging parents we became weekend boaters again and the booze stash ended up back home and ended up in that cabinet!
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

Kev, I have a stash like that, although I know where it all is. Some dates back to the 1980s and some is from what I brought home from my parent's place when my mother had to give up the independent apartment for an assisted living room in late summer 2019. We don't really drink much of anything with hard liquor here...there were a few tequila shots when our younger daughter turned 21 this past August, but other than that, only a few plants have enjoyed the spirits. (to kill insects...) Her celebration had to be here at home simply because of the pandemic and she, like we, is very careful about it. I guess in a year or so when we downsize, I'll likely have to find a home for it. LOL
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

My parents have lived in their house for 40 years now. They still have some liquor bottles in their cabinet that I think were moved twice so they are probably 45 years old or more. My father has about two drinks a year, but he doesn't drink any of those old bottles. My siblings and I will probably end up with the liquor bottles as part of the estate.

So, what I'm curious about is if anyone, since reading this, has checked the nether regions of your cabinets or other storage spaces in your basements, garages or workshops- and found a long lost chisel, plane or other tool you thought was long gone...

Booze just happened to be my find
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter