I see these available for shop vacuums for around $40 but I want to experiment with a similar outlet that uses less amps. Ha, in other words I'm looking for a cheap current sensing switch. If anyone has info please let me know.

(I homebrew and am working on a water bath (cooler) type fermentation temperature control system. A coil goes in the fermenter which also has a thermal well with thermometer. The external water bath has a submersible pond pump that needs to cycle on/off to maintain fermentation temperature. Many just put ice periodically in the bath and control pump flow with a cheap/simple temperature controlled outlet (I built one for about $15). I happen to have a peltier immersion heating/cooling unit made for fermentation temperature control but doesn't fit my new fermenter. So I was thinking of placing this immersion rod into the bath with the pump so I don't need to keep adding ice. The immersion chiller has a temperature based controller built in so I would like to fire up the pump whenever the immersion unit turns on instead of having two seperate control systems.)