Thread: Alum Fence Face

Alum Fence Face

I am wanting to replace the uhmw plastic that is on my table saw fence face and I know there has been threads here talking about extruded alum face material for that. I have been searching but cant find the threads.

What would you suggest I look at for extruded alum for my table saw face ? If I remember right there were some with T Tracks for hold downs and such.

Thanks for any help

I would try 8020,net

Very Super Cool Tools. https://vsctools.com/shop/aluminum-extrusions/

More money than an 80/20 extrusion. The one I got is dead flat and thicker webbing than the similar 80/20.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for the two options.

One issue with the 80/20 type extrusions is that Murphys Law dictates that any bevel you ever run against the fence will always fall into the slot. Also, by design, they are not truly planar on the face. The slots are with a slight inward cup so that when bolted to each other or any fittings the act as their own spring washer. This probably will never affect utility, but should be kept in mind when doing any fine tuning.

Blog Entries
    I've read from others that the 8020 extrusions are not perfectly flat. The VSCT fence face has been milled to make it so.

I have the VSC Tools fence and am very pleased with it.

Bosch and Faztek are some other manufacturers of t-slot extrusions.

Isel-us.com sells some aluminum extrusion table plate that would probably work.
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

Quote Originally Posted by johnny means View Post
    One issue with the 80/20 type extrusions is that Murphys Law dictates that any bevel you ever run against the fence will always fall into the slot.
    I mulled that over for a few weeks before ordering the VSCT extrusion. Have had a slot interfere with a beveled edge once since I changed over to the extrusion. I had ordered extra nuts to fit the slots when I bought the extrusion. Made a wood face for the extrusion and fastened it with the nuts and 1/4-20 bolts so I could slide the face on and off as needed. Much prefer the dead flat face of the extrusion over the wood subface.