Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: AWB workbench - a few options

Blog Entries
    Small world - we know all the same places. I'll bet you even know my street specifically. Let's stay connected as the world comes back to "normal" and get that visit going when the time is right. :-)
    - Bob R.
    Collegeville PA (30 minutes west of Philly)

On the Continental Divide somewhere in Montana
    That's a great looking bench, Bob. You should feel good about doing such a nice job. Some of the joinery is intimidating for the "first timer". I'll certainly be referring back to this thread when I build mine, that's for sure. I'm sure that others like me really appreciate all the photos and time that you took to write about the process, challenges and solutions. The big question - after an accomplishment like that, what comes next?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Seng View Post
    That's a great looking bench, Bob. You should feel good about doing such a nice job. Some of the joinery is intimidating for the "first timer". I'll certainly be referring back to this thread when I build mine, that's for sure. I'm sure that others like me really appreciate all the photos and time that you took to write about the process, challenges and solutions. The big question - after an accomplishment like that, what comes next?

You totally made my day with your nice post, thank you! I'm very proud of my modest achievement - it was hard to do this well because some tasks are new to me, and other tasks just entail big lumber that's hard to handle. But I didn't shy away from new techniques, and was able to get a suitable workbench that's far better than what I had.

The real reason you made my day is that I'm really happy to hear you may find value in my documenting of the highs and lows, and the "what real non-magazine-worthy" woodworkers might face. Too often, I find that I read tutorials or watch videos... and these amazing guys just never mess up, and are always 10 steps ahead with a great plan in place. That's just not where I am on the learning curve, and I was hoping others might take something out of hearing it from a far more "normal skill level" guy.

And, you made me laugh because "what's next?" was literally what I said to my wife yesterday. She was like... TAKE A REST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (but we all know that ain't gonna happen)

Cheers, and thanks!
    - Bob R.
    Collegeville PA (30 minutes west of Philly)