Thread: Williams and hussey parts skyrocketing prices..

Blog Entries

Williams and hussey parts skyrocketing prices..

Apparently the sale to original saw changed the part prices.

The replaceable/ upgrade head assembly went from $350 to $811

Gearbox from 400 to over 700 and the shaper head went from 350 to 600..

Thats nuts. I was considering upgrading one of mine to the new heads since I already upgraded the other, but not now

How many times have you had to replace your gearbox? None for my 2 machines, so I'm not worried. Never saw the need to change a head either. I have a hunch the price of castings has probably at least doubled, along with higher minimum orders from the foundries. Could be they even had to change foundries. The previous company owners could have been working from 5 year old inventory.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Coers View Post
    How many times have you had to replace your gearbox? None for my 2 machines, so I'm not worried. Never saw the need to change a head either. I have a hunch the price of castings has probably at least doubled, along with higher minimum orders from the foundries. Could be they even had to change foundries. The previous company owners could have been working from 5 year old inventory.
    I actually had to replace a head and gearbox of a machine that fell out of a truck. I like the new design more.

The shaper head doubled in price as well. Not sure how that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Sankovich View Post
    I actually had to replace a head and gearbox of a machine that fell out of a truck. I like the new design more.

Maybe they changed the country of origin for manufacturing? China to US?
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Sankovich View Post

The sense of the price change is probably based on new suppliers and profit. Could be part of the reason W&H sold out. There's no need to try and make sense of it. Lots of pricing doesn't make "sense". Priced a pickup truck lately? You can get them up north of $60,000 without much effort. Cycling is my other hobby. You can spend more on a bicycle than a motorcycle. I have Celiac disease and can't eat wheat flour. Certified GF flour is 10 times the price of traditional. Non of that makes sense to me either, but I'm not going to stop eating baked goods or riding. If the William and Hussey prices really bother you, or you don't strap down the machine when you move it next time, sell what you have and buy a used Wienig or Chinese machine.
    Last edited by Richard Coers; 03-18-2021 at 3:53 PM.