Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Picked up a used Shaper - looking for advice on tooling, etc.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Mitchell View Post
    Update: I found a used 1 1/4” spindle for the T100 from a seller on Woodweb who was selling another T100 (in nicer condition than mine) in Los Angeles. He still had the machine after about a month and ended up selling me the 1 1/4” spindle from it along with an OEM spindle wrench and some spacers for $200.
    Glad to hear you were able to find a spindle.

Mel ,I would be interested to hear how you changed the spindle. I do not have a different spindle, came with a 1 1/4'' . Also have no wrench for the spindle, however some day I may need to know how this works.

Mike, machine came with a “wrench” that was a pipe about 3 or 4 inches in diameter . A rod went through the top of it as a handle to turn it.
    Couple of lugs on the pipe engaged the spindle base. Our shaper ,bought used, had the spindle improperly installed . Would have come out
    if machine had been run counter clockwise.
    The wrench turned a collar that pulled the spindle up from Morse taper
    Last edited by Mel Fulks; 03-18-2021 at 2:46 PM.

Blog Entries
    That seems to be the standard euro arrangement. My casolin and invicta use the same style dual thread retaining nut. I know GOMAD, Bauerle and I believe Martin used the same system as well.

Mike, I will post a few photos of my spindle wrench setup, which may be very similar (identical?) to the Invicta wrench from the sounds of it. If you go back to the previous page and read the attachment I posted from WoodWeb towards the bottom of the page, it explains in detail how to change out this type of spindle.
    Still waters run deep.