Thread: In the mail....

In the mail....

Yesterday I got my Grizzly 2021 catalogue in the mail.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Blog Entries
    ...and today you are broke.

Ah...new reading for the "library"...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    ...and today you are broke.
    It's been a few years since I last bought anything of significant value for my shop, let alone from Grizzly. I have bought a couple small inexpensive things but not very often. Most of my stuff recently has been in the Spokane WoodCraft store that close over a year ago. I haven't visited the new one though it opened in the exact same place.

I am thinking they are dropping hints.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I am continually tormented by mailings from LN, LV, Highland Woodworking, Rockler, my local Lumber guy, etc.. Whenever I order something I make it clear to not put me on the mailing list. They just don't listen. It always costs me money. I think that was their plan all along.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Luter View Post
    I am continually tormented by mailings from LN, LV, Highland Woodworking, Rockler, my local Lumber guy, etc.. Whenever I order something I make it clear to not put me on the mailing list. They just don't listen. It always costs me money. I think that was their plan all along.
    Often this is caused by their order fulfillment software. As soon as a shipping address is entered in the system it automatically sets it up for any future mailings. It may be something the order entry people do not know how to override or it is actually done when the order is placed online.

Many years ago Radio Shack would always ask for an address at the cash register. It would make a new entry every time. We would receive as many as four mailers each time they sent out a new mailing. They wouldn't ring something up without a person giving an address. My response was to make up an address. Finally my decision was to take my business somewhere else.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    Often this is caused by their order fulfillment software. As soon as a shipping address is entered in the system it automatically sets it up for any future mailings. It may be something the order entry people do not know how to override or it is actually done when the order is placed online.

Many years ago Radio Shack would always ask for an address at the cash register. It would make a new entry every time. We would receive as many as four mailers each time they sent out a new mailing. They wouldn't ring something up without a person giving an address. My response was to make up an address. Finally my decision was to take my business somewhere else.

jtk
    It’s kind of no wonder they didn’t make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post

jtk
    i think it’s a conspiracy. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

Blog Entries
    Speaking of in the mail, a package from South Dakota showed up on my informed delivery email. It could have been something my wife ordered, didn't think it was mine.

It was supposed to be delivered Saturday but wasn't. The tracking said there was a signature slip left in the mail box, there wasn't. Called the local P.O. this morning to find out what the problem might be. A plethora of reasons, new driver, didn't know the route, it was package delivery might have been separate driver from the mail carrier, the day's mail was there. The person on the phone told me it would be delivered today. It wasn't too big for the box and didn't require a signature.

Today it came and was a 7X9" envelope from Starrett with their Tools and Rules (for presision measuring) booklet and a couple of charts of decimal equivalents in metric and inch with drill bit sizes with tap drill notes.

If you want to get serious about emptying a wallet, thumb through a Starrett catalog.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Happy New Year Jim.

In a similar vein, Diann wrapped up the 2020 hardcover Felder catalogue and put it under the tree as a joke Christmas gift......Rod

Does Grizzly print their catalogs in China and drop ship them from there?
    Bil lD