Thread: NORAD monitoring Santa Claus

NORAD monitoring Santa Claus

The joint US-Canadian unit that tracks missiles and other potential threats always "keeps an eye" on Santa's sleigh and reindeer on Christmas Eve. To follow his progress, go here: LINK

(Hey, even if you've seen it, it's a Christmas tradition!)
    Last edited by Frederick Skelly; 12-24-2020 at 8:19 PM.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Been doing it for a while too. My dad's last USAF duty station was working inside Cheyenne Mountain - 1965-66. They were keeping tabs on Santa even then (and my brothers and I were the FIRST to know!).

Dewline radar was money very well spent in the eyes of a kid.

just ask his cell phone provider they will know where he is, that from someone who has never had a cell phone.

I had a few past customers in the electron world, asked for years for them to make me a shoe phone but not one took me seriously.

History of NORAD doing this

I just found this history and found it interesting. From a NORAD website:
    "NORAD has been tracking Santa since 1955 when a young child accidently dialed the unlisted phone number of the Continental Air Defense Command (CONAD) Operations Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado, believing she was calling Santa Claus after seeing a promotion in a local newspaper.

Air Force Colonel Harry Shoup, the commander on duty that night, was quick to realize a mistake had been made, and assured the youngster that CONAD would guarantee Santa a safe journey from the North Pole.

Thus a tradition was born that rolled over to NORAD when it was formed in 1958. Each year since, NORAD has dutifully reported Santa's location on Dec. 24 to millions across the globe."

LINK

Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”