Thread: Craftsman 7 1/4" table saw

Craftsman 7 1/4" table saw

EDIT: I found the answer to my question, it is a Craftsman 101.02141 8" table saw, from the late 1930s.

I bought this cast iron Craftsman 7 1/4" table saw off Craigslist.
    Does anyone know the model number? - I can't find it on the saw, or by online searching.

CS 1.jpg

It's a heavy little machine. The arbor assembly and trunnion look to be solidly made, even the dust chute is cast iron.

CS 7.jpg CS 8.jpg

One part confuses me - the fence rail has a twirly knob on the right-hand end but I can't see what it's purpose is. There are markings for an inch scale on the top of this rail, and it appears to me that it attaches to the saw quite neatly, it doesn't seem jerry-rigged.

CS 3.jpg CS 4.jpg CS 5.jpg CS 6.jpg

I would love to know more about this saw before I begin restoring it, so tell you what you know, and indulge in some speculation too.

Thanks, Mark
    Last edited by Mark Gibney; 12-24-2020 at 10:13 PM. Reason: added the answer to the question

It just occurred to me that the knob on the fence rail was to move the fence over and back. Any takers?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Gibney View Post
    It just occurred to me that the knob on the fence rail was to move the fence over and back. Any takers?
    Sure looks like you would use it for fine adjustment of fence, need to see the fence to be sure
    Ron

The fence is missing. I hope to track one down once I get the model number.