Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Festool Midi or CT26 Dust Extractor

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sabo View Post
    Might want to re-word that. Makes it sound as if the CT15 is compatible - which of course it's not. Even less so.

Lots of solutions (arguably better) exist for fixed base boom arms. Like this quick & dirty + cheap solution on a midi:
    Attachment 447950

Why do you feel the need for a separator or what do you hope to gain from one ? For sanding, I feel it's a complete waste.

If you're budget sensitive; there are other vacs with similar specs that compare with the enntry level ct15-

Fein turboI - more capacity , $60 cheaper
    https://www.rockler.com/fein-turbo-i...CABEgISpPD_BwE

Karcher - more capacity ,$125 cheaper even after you upgrade the iffy hose
    https://www.toolbarn.com/karcher-1-3...iABEgK-Q_D_BwE

CT15 has no advantages over these vacs that I can see other than as a status symbol.

Dave, I can’t see the link you posted about the quick and dirty fixed boom arm. I keep meaning to sign up to be a paying member but I haven’t gotten around to it and likely won’t have time for a few more days. Care to post the link where I can view it for now?

For that matter, does anyone else have any ideas, pics or suggestions for a fixed boom arm? Not trying to high jack the op’s thread.

the Midi has 10%less cfm. Not sure if thats critical for you, or anyone. I run my 26 like 75%power So the midi would work

I’m also interested in this thread. But can we open it up to other manufacturers? Festool can’t be the only game in town. Bosch, Metabo, Flex?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    I’m also interested in this thread. But can we open it up to other manufacturers? Festool can’t be the only game in town. Bosch, Metabo, Flex?
    Folks can mention whatever they wish, but the OP was asking about the differences between two Festool units.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I know, guess I’ll start another thread.

Dave, I can’t see the link you posted about the quick and dirty fixed boom arm. I keep meaning to sign up to be a paying member but I haven’t gotten around to it and likely won’t have time for a few more days. Care to post the link where I can view it for now?

I hate to sound crass , but no.

if you have time to come here and view this thread , you have more than enough time time make a few more keystrokes and part with $6 bucks to see the pics and access the classifieds.

Even if you don’t deem my boom arm pic worth the admission price , this site might just be the best value on the interweb going. And if you disagree with that , this is a worthy charity , and one of the lowest cost an most efficientLy run out out there, so there’s really no excuse if you’re going to pull you weight.

Another way to look at is : for admission you won’t get bombarded with popups for polyglycoat , insurance , or whatever else someone on your internet feed looked at in the last 5 minutes. That’s practically priceless.

Think it’s safe to say , we”d love to have you on board.

Bumping this thread...

The new CT Midi and Mini (which have cord storage and other features not in the original Midi's and Mini's) look really attractive, and I'm thinking of replacing my CT26 with one.

The hangup I have is that I usually use the D36 hose, since you get so much more airflow in the larger diameter. But it looks like the Midi uses a right-angle fitting on the vac side of the hose, and they don't make a D36 hose with that right angle fitting? Also, I wonder if the D36 hose fits in the hose garage? (it does fit on the CT26).

Anyone know?

Or for those with Midis, do you just use the smaller hose?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Friedrichs View Post
    Bumping this thread...

The new CT Midi and Mini (which have cord storage and other features not in the original Midi's and Mini's) look really attractive, and I'm thinking of replacing my CT26 with one.

The hangup I have is that I usually use the D36 hose, since you get so much more airflow in the larger diameter. But it looks like the Midi uses a right-angle fitting on the vac side of the hose, and they don't make a D36 hose with that right angle fitting? Also, I wonder if the D36 hose fits in the hose garage? (it does fit on the CT26).

Anyone know?

Or for those with Midis, do you just use the smaller hose?
    I use and own the Midi. The hoses do not use a 90deg fitting to attach to the vac. Inside the hose garage the hose goes straight down into its connection using a straight connector. I use the D36 hose almost exclusively with the Midi with no issue. It comes out of the hose garage slightly tight but the lid closes with no problem. I love my Midi!!

The only thing that I have issue with the Midi is the fact I don't think I could use the Onieda dust deputy that Derek is using on his CT26. I don't think that hose would reach the Midi's connection point, I would need to build a custom hose that worked.

Thanks, Tony! Maybe I'm getting confused and only the "old style" Mini used that right angle hose?

Any insight into why you chose the Midi over the Mini?