Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I got the Pfizer COVID shot and I am fine

Erik, Professor Dr. SWMBO and I both feel that the supply will resolve and come in such that it will meet the demand "in the moment"...after all, the local CVS and Walgreen's (the two biggest venues for general public shots, I believe) can only do so many in a day. An article I read yesterday was expressing concern that there are many areas that are somewhat devoid of the major pharmacy choices and that brings into question how the immunizations will get mass-delivered to populations there.

Moderna's vaccine is a little easier to distribute, by the way, because it doesn't require the super low freezing temperatures (-94F) for shipping and storage that Pfizer's does. Moderna's is fine with "merely freezing" which most pharmacies can accommodate already.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Selzer View Post
    Got my polio shot at school whole class was lined up and we all got our shots. Years later learned how to be an electrician working for a man whose arm was messed up by polio, you would not know it by how he worked and he was short so his shirt sleeve covered it up. Only on a hot day when no customers were around would he take his shirt off and work in a tee shirt did you see it was less than half the size. He never complained about it.

Politicians are sure making sure they get the vaccination early just like they got tested early and multiple times
    I remember getting something at school but I don't recall what it was. I don't think it was polio vaccine. I think Ole has some years on me. I didn't start school until 1963. I can remember in my childhood and probably early adult years a few people who had issues from getting polio when there was no vaccine. It was a crippling disease certainly. I don't know if it had the same impact on every unlucky person who contracted it or not. All I can tell people is Covid 19 isn't the flu and you never know how it will impact you when you get it.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 12-24-2020 at 8:25 PM. Reason: fixed quote tagging

Our Polio vaccines came on sugar cubes. There were two, some number of weeks apart. I was pretty young, in Elementary school then, but that was in the 1950's, if I'm remembering that correctly.

My wife got her’s yesterday (she’s in healthcare) and has been totally fine. Very slightly sore arm but has been doing everything as normal.

Remember to look both ways before crossing during Moose season.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    Our Polio vaccines came on sugar cubes. There were two, some number of weeks apart. I was pretty young, in Elementary school then, but that was in the 1950's, if I'm remembering that correctly.
    I am glad you posted that somewhere in the back roads of my mind I was thinking as young kid going to a local school and getting a vaccine on a sugar cube..........so I'm not crazy!

got the shot yesterday. only side effect is sore arm like when get flu shot.

My RN daughter received the vaccine last week and had no problems other than some soreness at the injection point.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

And that vaccine on a sugar cube will protect you from covid but only for one month when you have to repeat the dose. I understand that is what the Russian medical people were doing before the modern vaccines have come out.
    Bill D

i was told first dose without thr second will protect. just to get the best protection need both. sure if wrong some"expert" will set me straight.

Quote Originally Posted by eugene thomas View Post
    i was told first dose without thr second will protect. just to get the best protection need both. sure if wrong some"expert" will set me straight.
    I’m not an expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once...

From a respected source: https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4826

“Covid-19: Pfizer vaccine efficacy was 52% after first dose and 95% after second dose, paper shows”

I did not find single dosage info on the Moderna vaccine.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I get all my shots at Walmart.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    A8823B65-3D9D-4961-AD63-E2BEB4505257.jpeg

Was reminded of this meme.

When I started this thread the major news channels I follow, ABC, NBC, CNN and The Guardian all had seven stories each about the seven people who had had reactions to the Pfizer vaccine, and no data about how many people had received the vaccine.

In the last 48 hours NBC has started tracking how many people have been vaccinated, so you can now start looking at your statistical risk online from a reputable source instead of just reading horror stories.

In Alaska, 8800+ vaccines have been administered, with two recipients requiring medical attention.

FWIW five clinicians in my department got the vaccine on Thursday 12-17. Now that seven days have gone by, 40% of 'us', two clinicians, should be immune in case of exposure. We had no lost time at work, though one of the five took a bunch of tylenol and felt like crap for a couple days, no medical attention was required.

I am heartened, within this thread, to read so many of you are willing to get the vaccine when it is available to you, and no one has gone off, I kid you not, about the lizard people being in collusion with the CIA regarding a microchip in the vaccine to be activated later.

As a group within 'all Americans' registered users here seem to have a remarkably low rate of infection. I am glad to be a part of this group, I think it is because you know how to convert knowledge into concrete decisions and actions.

God bless, and happy new year.

I am heartened, within this thread, to read so many of you are willing to get the vaccine when it is available to you, and no one has gone off, I kid you not, about the lizard people being in collusion with the CIA regarding a microchip in the vaccine to be activated later.

As a group within 'all Americans' registered users here seem to have a remarkably low rate of infection. I am glad to be a part of this group, I think it is because you know how to convert knowledge into concrete decisions and actions.

God bless, and happy new year.
    Scott I wouldn't care is it had a chip in it. They would get so bored tracking me. However what is real is how it can affect your life. I will get the vaccine at the first opportunity. I know my immunity isn't permanent.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 12-27-2020 at 4:48 PM. Reason: fixed quote tagging