Thread: Another "help I bought a chinese laser" Yes I have searched...for two days! DEFEATED

Angry Another "help I bought a chinese laser" Yes I have searched...for two days! DEFEATED

Hello!

I bought a 100 watt Chinese laser from a local auction site, it was from a schools woodshop, hardly any hours on it and was mfg in 2016.

the full kit, everything to get up and going...really excited! I'm a designer by trade.

Well its been days aligning the mirrors and fixing dents, blowing out sawdust etc. etc.

I Just finally got the mirrors aligned today, this morning and have been fighting with servos all day.

My Question is.

Does anyone have the the Y-axis dipswitch settings or better yet photos of the Y-axis dip switch settings for this

100 watt KH-9060 Chinese IEHK 6090 with Ruida Controller RDC6442g that is 900 x 600 (35" x 23")?

I will gladly repay you in labor and or gifts!

I rarely reach out, and wish I have had sooner, been on the forums and the youtube rabbit hole for the past two days and I have had enough.

I keep changing the settings and dipswitch combinations and end of with different results

I'm currently using thunderlaser software, everything has been talking and adjusting, also I have saved all the parameters multiple times...

So hello, and thanks for reading my rants:

I've done the square cutout 100mm x 100mm

X-axis is spot on 100mm
    Y-axis is 84 mm currently as I type this.

I've seen the equations and haven't spent the time to count the gears, size the sprockets. measure the length.

It arrived with the current settings:

Y-axis
    20201220_210556.jpg
    20201220_212400.jpg
    5 - 0
    6 - 0
    7 - 1
    8 - 0

= 5000 revs

any help would be gladly appreciated.

Much thanks,
    CORY

when you go into the vender settings are your x and y the same to get into vender settings use RD8888

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    when you go into the vender settings are your x and y the same to get into vender settings use RD8888
    The X and the Y are the same dip settings

I've adjusted the settings in the vender area, and no the they are not the same... The x was in the 9's numbers and the Y was set originally in the 0.906ish area.

I ran the square test over and over and keep getting 84 in the y-axis and 100 in the x

I adjusted the numbers to be the same and still the same result.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    Curious as to why you changed the settings? Was it working for the previous owner?
    Hi Bill,

Well it was from an auction, It stated the y axis was sticking...when I received it, the y axis was jammed sideways, not squared, so I took off the belt and aligned it all sqaured, and took hours to align the mirrors but finally just got it yesterday morning...

The previous owner must have known the servos were off, the parameters were adjusted in such a way that the table size was adjusted at 10,000mm in the y axis to adjust for the ratio that is off...when I adjusted to the true size of the table, the y axis would only move a few inches when it should be moving the full the 25 inches in y axis...so they must of cheated it that way from the begginning to make it work....what I need to know is the correct settings of the dipswitches etc. to get it back to the true sizes and not "cheat it" like the previous owner must have done....

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    As I see it your going to need to find documentation for the controller that is in it now and start from scratch. My settings seem to be all in the software, so you adjust the bed size there. From the picture you posted those are stepper motor drivers, has nothing to do with bed size. Those should never be changed, my guess your bed size is in the software and you did get that, correct?
    Yes, it was a strange size when I first connected the software to the controller, I changed that sizing to the correct page size in the software, hence the start of my problem, The micro stepper motor thinks it went the full 600mm, even says so on the controller digitally, in reality it only moves a few inches then stops....

Is there another setting in the software I'm not seeing...using RD works

I'm no stepper/servo genius by any means, But, all 20 of the XY controlled machine I've ever owned have had matching X and Y step values. (why would they not?) If your X axis works correctly, making the Y axis controller switch settings match the X controller settings should work. Same thing with the machine parameters, since the X is working properly, make sure the Y values, particularly the "pulse unit" values, match the X values. The only difference in the values that should be different are the table size parameters. And even THEY won't affect the action motion, table size parameters only let your computer and controllers know the machine's limits (stops the head before slamming the walls)

If matching the numbers doesn't work: swap the wiring between the 2 drivers. Since the controllers are identical, this will determine if the Y controller is bad (the X axis won't work correctly but the Y axis will), or if there's a wiring issue (results don't change)

Re: possible wiring issue: I've had broken stepper wires within the drag chains of TWO of my machines,
    one my Chinese Triumph:
    chain3.jpgDSC04998.jpg

And my Gravograph LS900-
    9wire2.jpg9wire3.jpg

Weird crap happens with busted and/or frayed wires! The green wire above was just how I found it, it was shooting sparks while against the metal cabinet, I fixed it (right pic) but unbeknownst to me, the shorting caused a minor-meltdown in the X stepper and some of it's wiring..the stepper started getting noisy, and got worse and worse, until I was getting raggely, shortened engraving, etc... I eventually changed out the stepper, and all was well for about a week, then the X driver in the main controller gave up. All from a few bare-metal shorts. So check all your wiring too!
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    I'm no stepper/servo genius by any means, But, all 20 of the XY controlled machine I've ever owned have had matching X and Y step values. (why would they not?) If your X axis works correctly, making the Y axis controller switch settings match the X controller settings should work. Same thing with the machine parameters, since the X is working properly, make sure the Y values, particularly the "pulse unit" values, match the X values. The only difference in the values that should be different are the table size parameters. And even THEY won't affect the action motion, table size parameters only let your computer and controllers know the machine's limits (stops the head before slamming the walls)

If matching the numbers doesn't work: swap the wiring between the 2 drivers. Since the controllers are identical, this will determine if the Y controller is bad (the X axis won't work correctly but the Y axis will), or if there's a wiring issue (results don't change)

Re: possible wiring issue: I've had broken stepper wires within the drag chains of TWO of my machines,
    one my Chinese Triumph:
    chain3.jpgDSC04998.jpg

And my Gravograph LS900-
    9wire2.jpg9wire3.jpg

Weird crap happens with busted and/or frayed wires! The green wire above was just how I found it, it was shooting sparks while against the metal cabinet, I fixed it (right pic) but unbeknownst to me, the shorting caused a minor-meltdown in the X stepper and some of it's wiring..the stepper started getting noisy, and got worse and worse, until I was getting raggely, shortened engraving, etc... I eventually changed out the stepper, and all was well for about a week, then the X driver in the main controller gave up. All from a few bare-metal shorts. So check all your wiring too!

Thanks I'll take a look over all the wiring tonight again, thanks for the heads up and the advice!

Thanks Bill, I'll take a look at these later tonight and see what I got going on.

Hi,

Not sure if this will help you, but the X and Y dip switch settings should be the same for your Stepper Motors.
    Those set the # of steps for 1 full revolution of the Stepper Gear.

What you are needing to change is the mechanical difference to the gears on the belt.
    So in the Machine Settings you need to change the Step LENGTH.

On my 80w Laser, the X and Y are not even close to each other.
    My X Step Length = 9.01838
    My Y Step Length = 4.22081

Make sure once you get into Machine Settings, you make a dated backup each time.

Here's a great video that should help you using RD Works.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PipeAxhWbzE

Hope this helps,
    Cad
    ----------------------------------------------
    Cad Jones
    5070 Blk/Red 80w Laser with power Z bed
    Ruida 6442G
    Cloudray Wheel Rotary

You might also try this on the Ruida, assuming that vendor saved the factory settings.

Make sure in RD Works you SAVE your settings to several locations / file names prior to trying this.

1) Make good backup. Read in RDWorks using pw: RD8888, and SAVE.
    2) Go into Menu Settings on Ruida Controller
    3) Scroll down to Set Default Parameters
    (this WRITES all settings from Factory, assuming they did it. If not, then it might clear all settings)
    4) Password is HF8888
    5) Enter, should prompt Recover Success
    6) Power off and back on.
    7) Read settings again in RDWorks or Lightburn, RD8888

The Other Option in Menu -
    Set Factory Parameters - This will WRITE the current Settings to the Default Factory Settings above.
    CC8888 - u don't want this until you get everything perfect and want to write to controller. I just use saved files.

Cad
    Last edited by Cad Jones; 12-28-2020 at 3:12 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Cad Jones
    5070 Blk/Red 80w Laser with power Z bed
    Ruida 6442G
    Cloudray Wheel Rotary

Remember that you have to write to the controller after you make the changes