Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Smart Phone Choices

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Dawson View Post
    Too much work to implement. I like lean and mean. I once co-wrote a GUI implementation of sendmail for iOS, and it was a real pain, I’m sorry I ever got drawn into that.
    Ha! If ever there was a program that deserved to remain CLI only, sendmail was it.

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford McGuire View Post
    Ha! If ever there was a program that deserved to remain CLI only, sendmail was it.
    When the App Store began, 3rd party developers didn’t have access to the email functionality, so you had to roll your own. This went on for an intolerably long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lehnert View Post
    Ill just add my experience.
    I use a Tracfone. I spend between $100 to $150 a year. I am connected to WiFi at home and work so my data usage is low.
    I purchased my ZTE brand smart phone from Kroger for $30. Does EVERYTHING I need it to do.
    Had a friend who was kinda making fun of my $30 phone vs their $1,000 Apple. Everything they listed they were able to do on the Apple I was doing the same thing.
    My point is....For your first smart phone, think you will find most any phone will do what you want. Learn from it then maybe invest in something more expensive with the features you need. For me the cheap ones work just fine.

Like I said I use Tracfone but buy mine from either HSN or QVC as I can get it bundled with a 1 year 1500 minute card for less then the card and I get a new phone

If Android works for you l, I will recommend Pixel. All security and other updates comes without delay, no bloatware, unlocked, good camera and so on.

Using Pixel 3 since the day it was launched as both personal and work phone. I don't think I will need to switch till Pixel 8 or 9.