Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iS YOUR OUTFEED TABLE STAIONARY OR MOBILE?

Blog Entries
    I should add that for a saw that is frequently moved, having the outfeed table hinged to & fully supported by the saw means that it's always perfectly coplanar with the saw table. No adjusting for height or level is needed. the outfeed extension that I have, but only use occasionally, does have an adjustable leg at the far end.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pratt View Post
    I should add that for a saw that is frequently moved, having the outfeed table hinged to & fully supported by the saw means that it's always perfectly coplanar with the saw table. No adjusting for height or level is needed. the outfeed extension that I have, but only use occasionally, does have an adjustable leg at the far end.
    That was a benefit of my fold down outfeed table when I had the cabinet saw years ago....especially with an unevenly sloped floor that often comes with a "repurposed garage building" as a shop.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I have a two foot table attached to my saw. Whenever I need more out feed, I have a top that fits on my Bora Centipede. When I don’t need it, it is out of the way.
    Charlie Jones

Mine is a little removable "bridge" between may table saw and the workbench

P1040104.jpg

Cheers,

Tim

Blog Entries
    Me too. I have a 30" deep X48" outfeed on my 10" table saw.

Shops too small, so folding.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

My out-feed table is mobile when needed. It has heavy duty casters with leveling feet that screw down and lift the wheels off the ground when stationary. Most of my tools are on mobile bases. The past few years, we've seen our share of tornado's and hail storms. I wanted the option to be able to move my tools and table over enough to be able to get a vehicle inside my shop during one of these events.
    Outfeed06.jpg

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Wawro View Post
    My out-feed table is mobile when needed. It has heavy duty casters with leveling feet that screw down and lift the wheels off the ground when stationary. Most of my tools are on mobile bases. The past few years, we've seen our share of tornado's and hail storms. I wanted the option to be able to move my tools and table over enough to be able to get a vehicle inside my shop during one of these events.
    Outfeed06.jpg
    Hi Terry, that is what I am thinking too. How is the top attached to the base since it appears you have a useable drawer immediately underneath?
    Tim in Hill Country of Texas

I have one similar to Terry's. It sits on casters and can be used in portrait or landscape mode, depending upon how much out feed support I need.

The top is a Torsion box, sitting on 4 adjustable feet, that sit on the cabinet legs/corners. I can fine tune the height or the top, so if I move it, it takes a minute of two to get it back to the necessary height.

In normal use, I clamp the outfeed table to the rear saw rail, so it's rock solid, but again, only takes a minute to back these out and transition the table.

You can see the small holes in the top that give access to the adjustable feet.

This is without the top, the adjustable feet sit on the cabinet corner posts.

Clamped to my SawStop

Additional storage for some regularly used tools.

And utilizing some dead space around the saw

I built one about that size that is both mobile and height adjustable. See the link below

https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?271572-Yet-another-table-saw-outfeed-table-This-one-with-height-adjustment&highlight=

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Falk View Post
    I built one about that size that is both mobile and height adjustable. See the link below

https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?271572-Yet-another-table-saw-outfeed-table-This-one-with-height-adjustment&highlight=
    Nice Bob, I noticed you had a plywood bottom that the casters are attached to. Is there support in the middle and if not how do you prevent sagging? Thanks and Merry Christmas.
    Tim in Hill Country of Texas

Mine is 5ft wide and 6ft long . made with metal frame and 2 inch thick solid core wood doors that are covered with wood grain formica .

Mobile, fer sure.

Nothing special, but I can roll it out to the truck to roll sheets of ply back to the saw with it.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.