Thread: New Nova SI 400 - Looking for support options

Question New Nova SI 400 - Looking for support options

Hello all,

I finally pulled the trigger on a slider, and it lands in the shop tomorrow morning (Commissioned by First Choice Industrial in Auburn Ga - great folks!). I opted for the SCM Nova SI 400 over the Minimax as I wanted the extra power while ripping hardwoods, and have 3phase in my shop (American Rotary 25 HP panel). After ordering, however, I noticed that there are very few slider accessories and/or support options that will fit the SCM...

I'm currently in search of:
    - A support for the slide (similar to the one used on Minimax machines to mount a parallel fence positioner)
    - A crosscut fence with miter control (SCM one was priced at $1800+, about triple the cost of the Minimax one from my understanding)
    - Parallel fence (and/or the support mentioned above) - I've talked with Brian Lamb about fitting his on an SCM, but won't know if it fits till the saw lands.

What are others using for Support/Aux fences/parallel fences on their SCM saws?

Thanks!

Matt Ramsey
    Current Shop: SCM Nova SI 400, Hammer A3 31, Grizzly G0636x, Woodmaster 3875, Ritter R113, Castle TSM-12, Jet OES-80CS, Jessem Mast-R-Lift II/PC7518, American Rotary AD25-STK DIY, Festool: RO125-FEQ/ETS125/DF700/TS75, Bosch: ROS65VC-6

Matt, the Si400N is pretty much a WYSIWYG saw. In other words, not a lot of extras available. It sounds like you already know about Parts Pronto (I was an SCM rep for many years) and “yes”, the mitre gauge is uber-expensive. Regarding the mitre fence, you could probably get the Felder unit to fit with some creativity. I think less than $600 but there would be some minor drilling and tapping involved. The other option is a Felder DGL mitre gauge, for around $900. On the steel side table for the slider, if I had a Minimax unit in front if me, I’m sure there would be a way to make it work (probably with a mcmaster carr or grainger order). Hope this all helps.

Erik