Thread: The Repair Shop

The Repair Shop

A couple of weeks ago I stumbled upon a tv show called The Repair Shop on Netflix. I am mesmerized by it. They have a staff of craftsmen and artisans who work magic on all sorts of old family treasures. It is fascinating to watch how they go about the repairs and the amazing results they get.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Thanks for the heads up!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I like this one also. They just added a new season I think. I watched the last season last year. It's a refreshing format - No unnecessary drama, no competition, just craftsmen(craftspeople) doing what they do best.

I love this show. Very restful. As Wes said, no unnecessary drama. And the craftspeople do excellent work--themselves! No off-camera crew doing the heavy lifting.

"Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

One of my favorite shows. Truly entertaining and I learn something almost every episode.

I just started watching it a few days ago. So far so good
    Some Blue Tools
    Some Yellow Tools
    A Grizzly Collection
    ShapeokoXL
    Blue and White 50 Watt

I just started watching this morning. Of course not everything is captivating but still nicely done. It is always a pleasure to watch a skilled craftsman using their knowledge and skills. Things you may take for granted until you watch the work being done.

I've watched three episode so far, but I'm saving the rest of the season for my next bout of insomnia...should clear that right up.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Funny you should mention insomnia. Just yesterday morning, very early, I fell back asleep for about two more hours while watching it for the very first time. I read about the repair shop on this forum and thought I would give it a try. Works for me

A friend from the mechanical organ world is one of the guest repairers on the show; apparently it really is a lovely group of people to work with and he has fun when he's called on for an episode. I haven't actually seen one of his segments yet, as Netflix runs well behind the British publication schedule.

I don't know why you guys torment me like this!
    Now I'm binge watching!

Bruce
    Epilog TT 35W, 2 LMI SE225CV's
    CorelDraw 4 through 11
    CarveWright
    paper and pencils

Quote Originally Posted by roger wiegand View Post
    A friend from the mechanical organ world is one of the guest repairers on the show; apparently it really is a lovely group of people to work with and he has fun when he's called on for an episode. I haven't actually seen one of his segments yet, as Netflix runs well behind the British publication schedule.
    It appears the guy who does the clock repair is good at his job as well. He has turned several that were in poor condition into well oiled machines again. Installing the small bushings where the shaft has worn into the case excessively.