Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
A good thing to look into is why the units re failing. I ran an original Wixey for many years without issue on my DW-734. I sold it with the unit and it was still working. I have run the Wixey DRO on my tablesaw since 2008. I have the igaging that Curt shows (or one very close to it). This has been in use on my 15" floor machine since 2010 again, without issue. Are your tools setup in an uncontrolled environment; freezing, sweltering? Are there long periods of non-use? I'm just trying to help identify the cause so you don't buy something else only to have it also fail in short order.
Good questions, Glenn. Both quit pretty quickly after I got them, and it was my bad for not getting them returned within the warranty period. And, both units just quit. The old location (we recently moved) was in a garage which was part of the basement, and it had a heat vent so there were never major temperature swings or excessive humidity. And neither lasted long enough for battery issues to be a problem.

with our recent move, I now have a dedicated shop, I’m getting things set up and organized, and when placing the planer I remembered that the second DRO had quit - I had just sort of given up on them for a while. The opportunity for a fresh start was what prompted my original post.

From the replies, I’m thinking that maybe I just got caught in “luck of the draw” - twice.