Thread: Sometimes things just go right😊

Blog Entries

Sometimes things just go right😊

Not really woodworking but it was a project
    As some of you know I like to make models of cars, trucks and some other things. These have been in various closets throughout the house. Today I decided to put up some shelves to display them and , believe it or not , everything went RIGHT! I went to Home Depot, they had everything I needed and I only had to make one trip (there's a first for everything). I knew where my stud finder was and I actually found the studs just where I needed them ( with no additional, unneeded holes☺) I even had the right size screws.
    So here they are.IMG_20201212_163714.jpg
    Dennis

I've been hoping youd post the collection. They look great Dennis! Nice shelves too.
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Very nice !
    When we start a project we always make bets on how many trips to get things.

They certainly deserve to be on display. Nice job. Had to laugh, I never start a plumbing repair on a Sunday afternoon. HD is never open long enough for the multiple trips that seem to always be needed!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Mueller View Post
    They certainly deserve to be on display. Nice job. Had to laugh, I never start a plumbing repair on a Sunday afternoon. HD is never open long enough for the multiple trips that seem to always be needed!
    Phil
    Thanks for the compliment.
    I have resolved the "trips to Home depot plumbing problem," I now call the plumber, no more laying upside down under the kitchen sink
    Dennis

Its very satisfying when it all comes together according to plan.

I have long admired your work posted here. Very nice collection and display. I am getting closer to your decision to call the plumber but not quite there yet. Maybe just a catastrophe away.
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!

Dennis,
    While I fully "grok" your success story, I would certainly be remiss if I didn't point out that your models are way to beautiful to be displayed on a set of "dorm shelves". They deserve a presentation that is at least equivalent, if not superior, to your art.

with respect and admiration - Bill

Great looking project. A question if I may. After this dream trip to HD, did you buy a lottery ticket that same day?
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill McNiel View Post
    Dennis,
    While I fully "grok" your success story, I would certainly be remiss if I didn't point out that your models are way to beautiful to be displayed on a set of "dorm shelves". They deserve a presentation that is at least equivalent, if not superior, to your art.

with respect and admiration - Bill
    Good point, I agree with you, but as you can see from the picture, I don't make anything bigger than 18" long☺
    Dennis

I'd like to see a close-up of every model. They look beautiful.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Blog Entries
    I offset your perfect day by going to the hardware store about 10 times today in a 6 hour period.

Beautiful!!!! I empathize with that feeling. “I love it when a plan comes together.” Hannibal from the A Team.