Thread: GCC Spirit and Windows 10

GCC Spirit and Windows 10

GCC Spirit Si-25 usb on a W10 pc. After succesful installation, succesful test and shut down, there is a printing error message from windows 10. Then I have to repeat the whole uninstalllation/installation process, which is quite time consuming. The drivers signature have been disabled, but that didn't solve the problem. Any clues?
    Νάφε και μέμνασ' απιστείν

Without ever operating a GCC and with just driver knowledge, are you plugging in the printer before you install the GCC driver software? If so windows is going out to the internet to attempt to find the right driver, this usually works with common things like a normal printer but with specialized equipment like lasers, cncs, etc it frequently gets it wrong. I would recommend 1. Unplugging the device from usb 2. going to device manager and fully uninstalling the driver, 3. installing the proper driver 4. Plugging in the equipment via usb. ***im writing from memory here and can’t remember if you need the device plugged in to delete the driver/device from windows.

Additionally if you know the exact driver (actual file on hand) you can go to device manager -> properties -> update driver -> select the proper driver file.

There’s always other things that could be happening too like too long of a usb or damaged usb cable. Damaged ports (try a different one on your computer. And other things that can get in the way too.

Thank you for your time to write an answer. The installation procedure is done properly as you said, and I have tested 2 cables, what I plan to try is a shorter usb B to A cable, which I don't have handy at the moment.

The issue has been solved (fingers crossed, I have done that successfully 4 times) by removing the usb cable from the pc and inserting it again, then it connects to the laser.