Thread: CNC Lake image

CNC Lake image

I'm attempting to CNC a lake image for a client to epoxy fill, 1/8 inch deep using V Carve Pro. I have a very clean AI file but running it on the router, the image is funky with holes all over it. The project is 16x12 inches and I tried a .25 and a .125 EM and it still looks rough, any ideas?
    Trotec Speedy 400/80
    Camaster Stinger II CNC Router

It would be helpful to see images so we can both understand the project and the issues you are having...please become a Contributor (a whole $6) by clicking on the Donate button up above and post some photos. At that point, it will be better to envision things and provide some suggestions.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

The holes all over it thing makes me think the AI file may not be as clean as you think and there are remnants in there causing the tool to dive. What does the tool path preview in Vcarve look like?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Boatner View Post
    I'm attempting to CNC a lake image for a client to epoxy fill, 1/8 inch deep using V Carve Pro. I have a very clean AI file but running it on the router, the image is funky with holes all over it. The project is 16x12 inches and I tried a .25 and a .125 EM and it still looks rough, any ideas?

Once you become a contributor, you could post your Vcarve file so we can take a look.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bolton View Post
    The holes all over it thing makes me think the AI file may not be as clean as you think and there are remnants in there causing the tool to dive. What does the tool path preview in Vcarve look like?
    Absolutely!!! You think it's clean until you start cutting. Then you're thinking how did I miss that? I'm no one to tell you what's wrong but it sounds like several have already determined the cause of the issue.