Thread: Favorite place to buy 20-30W fiber lasers?

Favorite place to buy 20-30W fiber lasers?

I am working on a bid to do some engraving that would finally let me get a fiber laser for my shop (been using CO2 only for a long time).

On the one end you have Ebay lasers with all of their risks and issues for around $3k, and on the other you have Lightobject and similar for around $5k-6k. Lightobject's laser looks to be basically the same unit as the Ebay ones but of course including actual support

Is there anywhere else I should be looking?

Also, some of these lasers look to be "head on a cord" style units with a main "power box" and a separate engraving head. Other units are more like a single box with an attached head. Some of my potential work would have me moving the laser around some so it looks like the second style would be more portable, but I know if I tried that with a CO2 laser I'd be realigning heads every time I took it for a car ride. Is that the case with fiber?

Blog Entries
    Varies, I bought from Ray Fine direct. I priced them a few months ago and they were a lot higher than a couple of other manufacturers and the new salesperson was pretty pushy, I didn't get good vibe from my contact and don't think Id go there again.

Mind you ebay is probably fine, but make SURE that the laser in actually IN the US. If it is here, you can buy for price listed, no additional duty. If in China, then you OWE Duty, and any shipping charges they want to charge you. (watch this close, some have very high shipping charges).

There are a few guys shipping from Hong Kong and are avoiding the extra tariff charges. The issue with the fixed head is that there is very limited area of work under the head. If you are only using small parts, then it would work fine. But it is safer moving it. No, you don't adjust anything.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others