Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your order has shipped

Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    My DMT's are flat.
    So are mine - DMT Dia-Sharp extra-coarse (220) and fine (1200). I have the DMT lapping plate as well. I’m gradually replacing my water stones as they wear down with these. I’m very pleased. I still have Norton 4000 & 8000 water stones that I finish with. I doubt I’ll need to replace them, but if I do it will be with diamonds. 10 strokes on horse butt leather with green compound for a final hone.

Well, my shipment made it to the UPS hub in South Bend in great time. Then I got the tracking message no one wants to get: "Your package has been transferred to the USPS". Great. Hybrid shipping. The Post Office has screwed this up the last three times, adding at least three days to the delivery time just to get the package three miles.

Fingers crossed.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

That is NOT good news!!

Left click my name for homepage link.

They were in the mailbox when I got home. Whew! I unpacked both and gave them a cursory look. The Trend plate seems perfectly flat when checked with my granite surface plate. The Shapton stone is like a jewel. For a 16k stone, it really cuts fast. I freehanded a cutting edge on a LN fishtail chisel and a big paring chisel I like to use. Both were stupid sharp after a half dozen gentle strokes. This looks promising. I’ll spend some time in the shop tomorrow and sharpen some plane irons and report back.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.