Thread: Stationary Domino Set Up

Smile Stationary Domino Set Up

I made this a few years back. It operates kind of like the Kreg Foreman. Primarily I used it for mitered faceframes. It also came in handy for small parts. So, now I'm putting together plans for a more refined version. What features or potential uses should I keep in mind?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very creative use of a tool that I have found much more useful than I originally thought.

Blog Entries
    I'm bookmarking this one Johnny. Thanks!
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Woodhaven once offered a fig for cutting biscuit joints with an add-on for use of the Domino machine. Unfortunately it is not offered anymore. Used a similar stock holding apparatus as your machine, but it was not elevated like yours and did not have a plunging handle.
    Nice idea you have already.

Have you considered making the machine foot-operated? Your foot would move the domino, leaving both your hands free to manipulate workpieces. Kinda like the old foot-operated mortising machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Buxton View Post
    Have you considered making the machine foot-operated? Your foot would move the domino, leaving both your hands free to manipulate workpieces. Kinda like the old foot-operated mortising machines.
    I like that. Gonna file that one away for the XL set-up.

I like it, may copy the idea, but I'll skip the lever part to keep the setup a little smaller to store.

There are also the Domino Docks that Ramon Valdez sells. They hold the Domino vertically, so all you have to do is push down on your piece to operate. He sells Docks for both models, as well as the plans if you want to make one yourself. They won't help with mitered cuts out of the box without coming up with some kind of fixture.
    And there was trouble, taking place...