Thread: Powermatic 2013B

Powermatic 2013B

Hello, I have ordered The Powermatic 2013B Bandsaw. This is a 20 inch bandsaw with a 5 HP motor.
    my questions are has anyone taken delivery of this machine, and what should I expect to have to do for
    assembly. Any information would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance, Kevin

I’d ask Powermatic. They’d know how they ship it and what their freight guys will and won’t do.

There will likely be little or no assembly required unless they ship it with the table removed for some reason. It will likely be crated. And heavy. Machines of this kind of weight are typically shipped common carrier/LTL. That's not always compatible with residential delivery....even with a lift gate...if the big trailer can't navigate a neighborhood or driveway. For folks in that situation, it's not uncommon to pick up at the freight terminal with a trailer to transport home. You may or may not be able to lay it down on the spine for that...'depends upon the design the saw and how it's crated...you do not want it to break away from the crate.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

If you pick up at a freight terminal you might get a flatbed tow truck to transport it home for you.