Thread: Doll House

Doll House

Hello all. Is anyone here a doll house expert. A client asked me if IÂ’d help her get rid of a partly built House Works, Real Good Toys Thornhill Complete Kit.

She wanted me to chop it up... but it seems like it might be of some value. ItÂ’s in good shape. Boxes of parts still packaged, shingles, etc. I have photos but dont know how to up load.

Located in Lebanon PA
    Last edited by Jesse Suders; 12-03-2020 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Location add

Jesse, Where are you and the doll house located? This will make a big difference in who is interested and who is not, based on how far they are away. I have built one from a kit, and also built a 38" long horse stable complete with internal stalls and a hay loft with a ladder, all done from mostly plans in my head, with a few views of others from the internet. I'm located in South Central NC near Charlotte. Not certain that I am really interested, but I wouldn't want to see it trashed either. I would finish it, and/or find it a good home for you. My grand daughter, the one that I built the horse stable for, is 22 now and was married in October. The stable is in my attic, waiting for the next generation to want it. My sister has the doll house now and waiting for her grandchildren to be old enough for it. They are twin girls, so maybe 2 doll houses will be needed.

Charley

Yes, good point. I added that it is located in Lebanon pa. Sorry. I don’t want to see it trashed either. She mentioned selling it, but in the same breath asked if I could cut it up... I told her I’d look into it’s value and see if I could find some interest.

Facebook Marketplace and Craig's List are your friends for something like this. While there may be someone here with knowledge of dollhouses, that's a pretty specialized thing, so helping with a value is a tough thing. If you Google the brand/model you may find out what folks "out there" have been selling them for. I did that years ago for one that one of our daughters had that I built from a kit and finished and despite it being really nice, we decided to donate it for the tax benefit, since selling it was going to net not a whole lot of money.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...