Thread: New Laser Machine???

New Laser Machine???

I want to buy a laser machine that will not break the bank but be able to cut thru wood up to 3/8 inch thick. I have been looking at the Epilog. They are US made and seem to be one of the best. I am not starting a business but using it as a hobby to have fun. So need something that be easy learnable and fun. Any suggestions? Never owned one before.

Well your gonna get all kinds of answers Not break the bank 60 to 80. watt co2 , Rabbit Laser, Boss Laser, Thunder all decent machines under 10K will do what you want. Epilog will double the price maybe even triple it
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

thanks. Out of the ones you suggested, which would be your top 2.

Well I own a Rabbit 6040 60 watt and its been running great for 5+ years, still on the first tube. Ray Scott and his wife Caroll are top notch for support, I haven't any experiences with the other 2 but reports here say there OK too.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I second the Rabbit. Mine is 7 years old 80 watt 9060. Still have original tube. Rabbit Laser USA
    Rabbit RL-80-9060
    Roland SP-540i
    Graphtec ce5000-60
    Graphtec fc7000-100
    Happy HDC2-1501
    Juki 1541s