Thread: today in music

today in music

when you combine one of the greatest tunes ever written ( and yeah know there are many ) with one of the finest guitar players.

Still a world that doesnt get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Usyjn6JAtiQ

Beautiful, thanks! We had tickets to see TE in Cleveland last summer; I'm still bummed.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Been a TE fan for years. We saw him live here in the summer of 2009. He is an amazing guitar player.

Thanks for the link.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I prefer hearing Tommy play his own songs.

Wow. I never heard of him before. That guy was great. Thanks for posting this,
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

I've seen him in person and he puts on a very good show; he's a phenomenal guitar player!

David
    David
    CurlyWoodShop on Etsy, David Falkner on YouTube, difalkner on Instagram

yeah live not just his playing, hes damn happy sometimes some jokes and his energy is giant. Hes a true craftsman and works at it all the time. Interviews are great, someone who does his gig for all the right reasons and is committed to it. The interview of him in Poland is excellent.

Yes a fantastic guitarist!
    I'm also a fan of Leo Kotke, Naudo,Billy Strings...............

Bruce
    Epilog TT 35W, 2 LMI SE225CV's
    CorelDraw 4 through 11
    CarveWright
    paper and pencils

I saw Leo Kottke at a local college probably 25 years ago and he was/is simply amazing! The one thing that stands out about his performance is that he played about 8 songs and then got up and walked off stage. The audience of about 100 just sat there talking and waiting for his break to be over before starting the second set. After about 15 minutes the MC walked out and said that Leo had left and the concert is over. We were sort of stunned but glad we got to hear those songs. Maybe he wasn't feeling well, I don't know, but it was a bit weird.

David
    David
    CurlyWoodShop on Etsy, David Falkner on YouTube, difalkner on Instagram

Beautiful! Thanks for posting and for introducing me to his music a short time ago.

Years ago I got to see a dual bill with Leo Kottke and Michael Hedges (before an accident took him at a way-too-young age). I've been a fan of both forever and while they are quite different stylistically, both are amazing guitarists. That concert was definitely a high point for me. (and fortunately, Leo played a full set).
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Leo Kottke and Mike Gordon have released another recording - first one from LK in 15 years.

"Noon"