Thread: Delta Cabinet Saw Belts

Delta Cabinet Saw Belts

Read about the importance of replacing belts as sets of 3 with OEM belts. My belts are labeled "Delta 49-124-06-86". Anyone recommend a reliable source while waiting for Delta to respond? My 10" cabinetmakers saw was made in Quelph Canada and the company is no longer around. Thanks

The importance of matched sets has diminished over what it once was. Modern manufacturing methods are much better. OEM from Delta now means Chinese belts is my assumption. If they are even available. Aftermarket, or even automotive belts would be fine with me.

Try vbelts4less.com. Can’t guarantee they’ll have what you need, but I’ve been pleased with their products, prices and service when I’ve needed belts.

Go to the dollar store and buy a cloth tape measure. They are great for measuring belts and pulley spacing if you do not have the belt.
    Bil lD

Take your old belts to your local auto parts or tractor parts store. Get a Gates replacement set that match. Easy peezy.

Gates belts. Don't bother with OEM.
    Jon Endres
    Killing Trees Since 1983

I think Gates was OEM at one point.

Received a set of 3 matched Gates replacement belts, AX24 for my Delta cabinet makers saw.. These are notched (as were the original belts) and are perfect fit.

https://www.biedlers-belts.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sabo View Post
    I think Gates was OEM at one point.

They were, at least in the Rockwell era, saved a lot of money when replacing the Rockwell OEM belt on the vari-drive of my 20" wood/metal bandsaw with a Gates belt, the Gates number was embossed in the belt.