Thread: Band Saw Blades

Band Saw Blades

Been shopping band saw blades, timber wolf is the only company I have bought from. does anyone have recommendations for other companies?

When I upgraded from a 14" Delta clone to a 19" Grizzly I bought two blades, one is a 1/2" by 3 TPI for cutting curves on turning blanks and the other is a 1" 1.3 TPI blade for resawing. Neither has carbide teeth and both are Bi-metal Lenox brand. Before that I was using a wood turner's blade from Highland. I wasn't sure how long they would last (the Highland blade didn't last too long) so I only got one of each. Both are still doing great. Probably 2 years of moderate use. Of course a larger machine with more power always helps but now cutting blanks is a breeze. One is a Diemaster 2 and the other is a Woodmaster B.

I tried timerwolves. It didn't last very long before it was dull. I switched to lenox bi-metal. They last much longer. Far superior blade IMO.

Try Ellis saw blades 1-800-383-5547 . I’ve been using there blades about 7 years, great blades and a good price