Thread: Limit Switch issued? X700

Limit Switch issued? X700

Hi. So when my x axis hits the end it does not stop. I swapped out limit switches. Still the same issue? Any ideas? My next step is a wiring?
    Redsail x700, 50watt & Shenhui 350, 50 watt

Is your software set up to see the switches

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    Is your software set up to see the switches
    Should be. The machine worked great last night, and over the past 8 years, but turned on this morning and the x axis fails. Already swapped out the limit switch.

won't stop at which end? Switch end or the opposite end? Or both?

Have you continuity tested both switches? Do they pass?

If so, track the wiring to the controller and check continuity at the controller.

If it fails, you may have a broken X switch wire in the drag chain.

If it passes, re-attach to the controller, and try again.

If it still fails, and assuming the Y axis switch is working, move the gantry (if you can) to the lower corner opposite your home position, and shut the machine down. Reverse the X and Y wires at the controller. Turn on the machine, and while it's homing manually activate the switches.

If the switches and controller are working properly, the X axis switch should stop the Y travel, Y axis switch should stop the X travel...

IF the X axis switch DOES stop the Y travel, then X axis switch and wiring to the controller is okay.
    If not, likely a broken X switch wire in the drag chain.

IF the X axis switch and wiring test okay above AND the Y axis switch DOES NOT stop the X travel, you may have a bad controller...

--This is based on how my Triumph 'acts' when homing, you may need to make some adjustments for your machine
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Thanks for your suggestion. I have actually done most of the those minus the continuity tester already. Can't find my darn meter. Well I have one, and believe it or not it does not have continuity tester. Crazy! Like you Kevin, half the time if finding the time to check things. I have 2nd laser. Lucky. Cross my finger that nothing goes wrong their. This other laser is 8-10 years old, and I have been toying with upgrading to a 80watt and getting a larger size. I still need to do engraving, but I do a lot of cutting now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    won't stop at which end? Switch end or the opposite end? Or both?

Have you continuity tested both switches? Do they pass?

If so, track the wiring to the controller and check continuity at the controller.

If it fails, you may have a broken X switch wire in the drag chain.

If it passes, re-attach to the controller, and try again.

If it still fails, and assuming the Y axis switch is working, move the gantry (if you can) to the lower corner opposite your home position, and shut the machine down. Reverse the X and Y wires at the controller. Turn on the machine, and while it's homing manually activate the switches.

If the switches and controller are working properly, the X axis switch should stop the Y travel, Y axis switch should stop the X travel...

IF the X axis switch DOES stop the Y travel, then X axis switch and wiring to the controller is okay.
    If not, likely a broken X switch wire in the drag chain.

IF the X axis switch and wiring test okay above AND the Y axis switch DOES NOT stop the X travel, you may have a bad controller...

--This is based on how my Triumph 'acts' when homing, you may need to make some adjustments for your machine