Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hearing Protection with Bluetooth

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Goetzke View Post
    I bought the IsoTunes "FREE" when they came out and love them. (you just missed the 20% off sale but think you can find 10% code online)
    Their new over the eye product is one I'd actually like to try to see if the bass response is acceptable. As I've noted in other threads, I did try one of their in-ear solutions but the bass response was just as bad as my hearing aids are with directly bluetooth for music reproduction. I suspect the larger drivers in the over-the-ear product will be much better in that respect.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Their new over the eye product is one I'd actually like to try to see if the bass response is acceptable. As I've noted in other threads, I did try one of their in-ear solutions but the bass response was just as bad as my hearing aids are with directly bluetooth for music reproduction. I suspect the larger drivers in the over-the-ear product will be much better in that respect.
    I found out, like on all "in-ear" pods, bass is really dependent on the fit. The bass on my IsoTune "FREE" is as good as what I get from my EarPod Pros or PowerBeat Pros. Also, I was looking specifically for an in-ear solution because I hate wearing over the ear phones with safety glasses and is the only thing that will work with my welding helmet and face-shield/respirator for my wood lathe.

That sure makes sense with your application, Mike. I have found that over-the-ear can be interfered with by some glasses for sure.

I agree that fit matters, but the drivers used also plays a role. Bass is tough for any design where the driver is actually in the ear canal simply because of the small size compared to the wavelengths.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...