Thread: Keeping overspray off my eye glasses

Keeping overspray off my eye glasses

Are there any tips or tricks for keeping overspray off my glasses? My vision has gotten to the point where I need to wear my glasses when spraying a decent finish, just seems glasses are a magnet for any overspray. So looking for some knowledge on what others do to help out with this. I have glass lenses so getting the overspray removed is not an issue, just minimizing the buildup is what I'm struggling with.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

Wear safety glasses/goggles/face shield over them. It's not a horrible idea to get a pair of prescription "shop glasses" to use, either. That all said, and I mean this in a humorous way...don't look at the business end of the spray gun and press the trigger. But related to that, be sure your gun is also dialed in properly to minimize overspray and be sure you are spraying finish that's good for spraying...fast drying stuff. The overspray is dry before it hits the floor in most cases that way. Avoid anything oil based and spraying if you can.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Wear safety glasses/goggles/face shield over them. It's not a horrible idea to get a pair of prescription "shop glasses" to use, either. That all said, and I mean this in a humorous way...don't look at the business end of the spray gun and press the trigger. But related to that, be sure your gun is also dialed in properly to minimize overspray and be sure you are spraying finish that's good for spraying...fast drying stuff. The overspray is dry before it hits the floor in most cases that way. Avoid anything oil based and spraying if you can.
    I thought about a face shield Jim, I will have to give that a try. I haven't worn glasses for all that long but it seems like they have some type of static qualities that attract dust and overspray?
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

Blog Entries
    My shooting glasses are "over frame" styled. They also come in clear. A cheap face shield with removable or replaceable plastic sheets may be an answer. Some disposable safety glasses are only a buck a pair and could be used until until they can't and then replaced. The ones linked are for an example; the shipping cost would kill the deal from this supplier.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Goggles or (more comfortable) a cheap face shield over your safety glasses.