Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good inexpensive drawer slides

Good inexpensive drawer slides

I’m redoing some kitchen drawers and need some full extension slow close slides (side mounted, 22”). And man these can break the bank when you a bunch! I need 16, and when the nicer Blum or KV’s are $30 each that’s $500 just in slides.

So I’ve been looking at some more value priced slides. There are a lot on amazon, and seem to get great reviews, such as Liberty, Gobrico, Lontan, and Promark.

Does anyone have any experience with these? The only things I seem to fine online other than Amazon seem to be fabricated websites or YouTube videos with reviews.

We’re talking $500 vs $200, so that’s a pretty big difference.

Can't speak for all the brands you mentioned, but to save $$ I used Liberty 100# side mounts on some shop drawers. They are adequate, but not great. I do have one drawer pretty full ,but nowhere near 100# and it racks out some. The lighter drawers work OK.

I think these guys are still the best deal
    https://ahturf.com/hardware/blum-products.html

I use Grass undermount slides because they are a much better value than Blum or KV. Work well for me. They offer ball bearing side mount units.

https://www.grassusa.com/products/ball-bearing/

Thanks.

Brian
    Brian

In my book, the kitchen is no place to cheap out on drawer slides. Unless you are remodeling to sell the house.

How 'bout these from Custom Service Hardware:

lhttps://www.cshardware.com/g-slide-4...0mm-21-65.html

Check what Menards has. I think Hickory is the line they carry. I've used them on some shop things and they seem to work fine. Plus you can try a few and see if you like them before committing to all 16.

I've used Hawthorne & Reid from ovisonline.com a couple of times and have had good luck.

Most of the full extensions I've used came from Lee Valley, but I know you can buy ten packs of them from Amazon for pretty darn good prices if you don't mind no-name brands.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I ordered the Promark brand off of the net earlier this year. They had a 10 count for around $70 if I'm not mistaken. I used several in my shop cabinet build for my lathe accessories and they do great even though I'm close to the max weight limit on a few drawers. I used the rest in my kitchen for lower cabinet pull-outs for our pots and cast iron skillets, etc. No issues, no problems. I would buy them again if needed because of the price, compared to the others that are much more expensive.
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE

Those are not good prices, 22" side mounts should be closer to half that price. We use Hettich pretty often, a box of 5 pairs is $60 from a borg, cheaper from our cabinet materials supplier, they work fine.

I used Promark for my shop cabinet - miter saw station - I built last December. They work well. They are 26" slides. I put quite a bit of weight on them and so far, they held up well.
    Thank you,

Rich Aldrich

65 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf.

"To a pessimist, the glass is half empty; to an optimist, the glass is half full; to an engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be." Unknown author

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Rozmiarek View Post
    Those are not good prices, 22" side mounts should be closer to half that price. We use Hettich pretty often, a box of 5 pairs is $60 from a borg, cheaper from our cabinet materials supplier, they work fine.
    Those aren’t soft close. Soft close are $80 for 5 pair, or $16/pr.

Good to hear about the positive reviews of Promark. Thanks