Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Used Router Table: Fair offer?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Newman View Post
    Dave S.: several months ago, then about 3-4 weeks ago I heard reports of these close out prices. I would have liked to find where as my 690 and 7518 are about 25 + years old. Always good to have a spare on hand.

'Gonna' miss P-C as starting out I cut my eye teeth on PC as my now closed local tool supplier was a very well stocked price competitive P-C and Delta dealer.
    I think those reports were mostly “urban legend”.

I know the manager at my Lowe’s and he likes to get rid of dead stock, has no prob. 50%ing discontinued stuff either.
    Did he do that on the PC routers ? Nope. Haven’t had any since around March.

That’s a small sample size, but I know neither rockler or woodcraft was discounting their stuff , nor was my local ace that had one. HDepot hasn’t had stock in ATL for a while either. None of the big internet houses were showing discounts that I saw , nor did any have inventory before or after the word got out. I haven’t checked in a montH though.

Bruce - what most guys want, and reality are usually two different things entirely. On the other hand I’ve seen sellers that think their stuff is some kind of prize worthy collectible and the wear and sawdust make it all the more valuable. You know the ones , they have their not rare or high quality gear priced more than it cost new decades earlier.
    Last edited by Dave Sabo; 12-01-2020 at 10:50 PM.

There very well could have been limited inventory already on items that may have been chosen to go away, so there's little incentive to discount. That could very well be due to planning so there wasn't much to dump on the market for discontinued items.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I’m sure the decision to can the lineup was made looong before any of us got wind of it, and more than likely the retailers too. Giving the supply chain plenty of time to contract without raising much fuss.