Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Electrician or Plumber?

Any time you can SEE electricity . Your bill is going to be high.

I'm with Gustav, call a roofer, hole needs fixed or serious problem with rainwater drainage...

Reminds of a storage place I rent from, about every other vertical rain gutter has an electric outlet mounted right beneath the downspout. The water rolls backwards off the downspout right over the outlet...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Call a woodworker! We know how to fix anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce King View Post
    Call a woodworker! We know how to fix anything.
    Screw a Teak cover on.

Two handy slots provided.

Use brass screws to avoid corrosion.

Very odd that it is flowing out of the top and not the bottom gravity pressure would be higher on the bottom and flow more at the base.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    Very odd that it is flowing out of the top and not the bottom gravity pressure would be higher on the bottom and flow more at the base.
    Good observation.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    Good observation.

Mike
    It's common knowledge to separate the hot and cold lines. Where did you send the box tops for your edjumacashun?

I'd call our Prime Minister. (I'm Canadian, you see.) According to him, he knows how to fix EVERYTHING.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Matthews View Post
    It's common knowledge to separate the hot and cold lines. Where did you send the box tops for your edjumacashun?

That is why the refrigerator should always be plugged into the top outlet of the two. Stove into the bottom. But, due to weird wind bracing I had to install mine on their side back there.
    Bill D

Lawyer!

(sigh) too much COVID daytime television.

Jim,

You did the right thing posting the question here. You know that you will always get good advice at SawMill Creek

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Jim,

You did the right thing posting the question here. You know that you will always get good advice at SawMill Creek
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Electrician or Plumber?

Attachment 445929
    At my last employer, BART, a division called Power & Way took care of plumbing and power to third rail. There was always a little sense of fear when using the restroom.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    At my last employer, BART, a division called Power & Way took care of plumbing and power to third rail. There was always a little sense of fear when using the restroom.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I got a panicked called from the Wife of a friend of mine that had died not long before, so she was by herself. I was working in another State, four hours away, so couldn't go help.

She said that water was pouring out of the breaker box (200 amp) in her basement. It was raining. She said it was enough that water was standing on the basement floor. I told her not to go down there. I asked if things in the house were still working, and she said "some things aren't". I told her to call the power company, and the local fire department to come pull the meter out of the base, and for her to go stay somewhere else. She did, and someone did pull the meter, I assume after it quit raining.

When I got there that weekend, the weatherhead had fallen off of the conduit for the service entrance cable. The weatherhead was mounted on the two story house below the soffit. There was a joint in the guttering right above the weatherhead. The fastening system for the guttering had failed, and the 20 foot sections of gutter coming from both direction were now dumping all their water right on top of the open conduit.

Fortunately, no one was hurt, and not a lot of food was lost in freezers.