Thread: Moderator Help Needed: a fix and a Sticky?

Moderator Help Needed: a fix and a Sticky?

Folks, when Ben and I down loaded all of the 4 posts on Stanley 45 and 55 labels, the intent was that all of them could be down loaded and printed to be used on replacement boxes of the planes themselves, and labels for the cutter boxes.

They are just what I need for my 45 and my 55, and the ones for my 55 are very close to the ones on my current original box, and you would have to look fairly closely to find the small differences.

In reading the posts today, I realized that I had not added "to print" on all of the titles, and in fact only did such on one of the posts. Thus I am concerned that folks won't necessarily notice that these can be printed off, that is when looking only at the titles. I was not able to change the post titles to add "to print" to them. (My computer skills are very limited.)

The other thing I was wondering about is if the 4 posts could be added to the section on Rehabbing Planes, etc. in the permanent "Sticky" section so that folks could find them any time that they wanted to build boxes for their 45s/55s. My thinking was to put all 4 of them in one set with the title something like "Stanley 45/55 labels to print" for use on replacement/rehabbed boxes.

Again, the labels are not "exact perfect" matches in most cases, but they are pretty good matches for some of the labels used between about 1910 or so, perhaps up to the mid 30s or so I think, but don't know for certain. However, they are certainly pretty good, and I will use them for my boxes. Admittedly, a typo was fixed on one of the 55 cutter labels, as were comma locations, etc. However, I think a lot of us will like them well enough to use on our replacement boxes.

They do need to stay on the regular Neanderthal Haven board for now though.

What do you think? Am I out of line on this?

Thanks and regards,

Stew
    Last edited by Stew Denton; 11-29-2020 at 4:18 PM.

Blog Entries
    It seems a good idea to me if they could be placed in the Neanderthal wisdom/FAQs. This is the best archive of very useful Neanderthal posts over the years.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)