Thread: Knife pivot hinges - load capacity?

Knife pivot hinges - load capacity?

Hello, looking for a bit of advice on knife pivot hinges (krenov style?). I'm planning on using them as part of a tool cabinet build but I'm concerned about sag and weight limits. Neither brusso or LV seem to list any information on load specs on their websites. I know these hinges are most commonly used for plain doors but I'm curious how much weight they can actually take. My application would see them supporting a dual sided tool panel, approx 5/8,10"x30".

I would contact them and ask since they do not say, especially Brusso. Interested in what they have to say.

This list load ratings

https://www.amazon.com/Sydien-Stainl.../dp/B07C84K8Y4

And you are correct, the others seem to NOT list what they can handle. Very odd. Even the installation instructions for the Brusso hinges do not list what it can handle.

Side note, see this:
    https://www.brusso.com/pivot-hinge-documentation/

We have conducted BHMA/ANSI testing on a many of our pivot hinge sizes and would be glad to help you pick the best hinge for your application. For information on weight rating please email us. Please be prepared to provide detailed information about your application including the door thickness, quantities, materials, and application information. If your application requires additional testing, let us know, and we can arrange to have the appropriate testing done for a fee.

Hey Andrew, good find! I missed that section, I'll shoot them an email to see what they have to say.