Thread: 113.27520 Revived

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

113.27520 Revived

Grandpa bought this saw new and used it for many years. Dad used it too and it eventually came to me. My first thoughts were to use it as a small crosscutting station. Circumstances got me caught between shops for longer than expected. Out of sheer boredom dad and I went to work on it. Dad got blow-out duty.
    Dad cleaning up-2.jpg
    A nice thing about getting hand-me-downs in my family is that they generally come with everything that was originally in the box . I can't believe that plastic part of the blade guard survived unscathed.
    113.27520-accessories.jpg
    The bearings were a little rough after nearly 70 years of use but, I got them swapped out without much trouble.
    Arbor parts actual-2.jpg . Dad cleaning up-2-2.jpg. Granpas-saw-done-1.jpg
    I built a small base for it and put it on a mobile platform. This will help since I really have no shop space right now and have to head for the side yard to do much. She cleaned up pretty good.
    Granpas-saw-done-5.jpg
    It is a stout little saw compared to what you usually find in a contractor today. A 2HP motor gives it lots of spunk.
    Granpas-saw-done-7.jpg . Granpas-saw-done-8.jpg
    Anyway, I hope this inspires someone to take after that 'fixer-upper' they've had around for a while .
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 11-29-2020 at 4:49 PM. Reason: sp
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler