Thread: Stanley 45/55 Box Script Label

Stanley 45/55 Box Script Label

This is the Script Label that I needed for a label for a replacement box that I intend to build for my Stanley 55 plane.
    My Son-in-Law, member Ben Reish, downloaded the Letters: "Stanley Tools," and then created the box with drawing software, and thus was able to create the Logo.

We thought it would be useful to put it on the Neanderthal Haven, so it could be downloaded by any member who wanted to print off one to use on a replacement box for a Stanley tool or for any other purpose.

Regards,

Ben and Stew
    Attached Files Attached Files

Guys,
    It may be a big ask but can you change the green on this label to match the box labels of the Stanley 55 you posted on the other post. These posts are awesome and I very much appreciate your efforts. Thanks in advance

Which Stanley 55 labels? We've posted several. What text is on the one you want to match?

Also, note that there is a large possibility that the label will print a different color than what is displayed on screen. There are a couple of reasons for this but the easiest one to understand is that different printers handle colors differently. Another reason is that the way the colors are created in print is physically different than the way they are displayed on a computer monitor.

--- Ben
    Ben

John and Ben,

I printed off labels today, using a good large printer, and believe Ben's explanation on the color issue is probably correct.

Labels that appeared to be very close to the same color on the pictures downloaded were not nearly as close in the actual printed labels, even though they were printed on the same printer.

That said, I am planning to use them and think they will be excellent for the purpose. Fortunately the ones that were least close to matching the color on the downloaded image were the labels for the 55 cutter boxes. Those, however, will be inside the box, and all 4 of them are the same color. They turned out a greenish with quite a bit of gray in them, but will be fine, of that I am quite sure.

In every other way, the printed images were excellent.

Thanks for the great work Ben.

Thanks and regards,

Stew
    Last edited by Stew Denton; 11-30-2020 at 9:12 PM.

OEM box ( USPS Aussie League "Football"?)
    Stanley Labels, OEM.JPG

Vs the replacement box I built....
    Stanley Labels, OEM and New.JPG

Slightly ..."off"? Logo on the 45 itself? SW , Made in QUE. CAN.

OEM box? way beyond all hope of a repair....is now home to mine Dremel Kit....

Steven,

As much as you use your 45, it is probably a good thing you built a new box. You had a picture of your 45 in the new box a while back. It fits pretty well, so the box looks pretty functional. Your box looks like it is wider than my OEM box is. Looks like you made the decal fit, and it looks like you "antiqued" it somehow to match the age of the plane. Makes it a good match that way. Good job.

Sorry your box got beat up by the postal service. It looks like it may have been in pretty nice shape prior to that.

Stew
    Last edited by Stew Denton; 12-06-2020 at 12:29 AM.