Thread: Stanley 45/55 Company Box Labels

Stanley 45/55 Company Box Labels

I have been wanting to make new boxes for my Stanley 45 and 55, and wanted logos for the boxes. Steven Newman had a label for his 45 that I think he mentioned came from the net. I looked and found some, but could not get them. My Son-in-Law, member Ben Reish, helped with this, and was able to down load the labels from the net.

It took a while, so we thought it might be good to put them on SMC so others could convenientely download and print them. This if they wanted to make boxes for vintage Stanley tools.

From my reading, the date I found for the merger of the Stanley Rule and Level Company with the Stanley Works was 1920. Thus the labels that read "The Stanley Rule and Level Company" were used up to and in at least part of 1920. After that, the Label that read "Stanley Tool," "Division of the Stanley Works," was used after that.

However a plane I have that was almost certainly made in 1921 used the older label, so as in other things, Stanley must have used up supplies from earlier production before production of new boxes and labels.

Regards,

Ben and Stew
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Stew Denton; 11-28-2020 at 11:24 PM.

Problem that I was having.....my Stanley No. 45 came from Roxton Pond, QUE., Canada.....and not New Britain......

Steven,

The photos listed above to print off include the label for the Stanley Tools made in Canada.

For what it's worth your post on the box you made for your 45 was what got me started looking on line for the labels. Thus, you were the ultimate start of the work on these..

I found a guy had listed them so you could print them off, but ran into trouble when I tried to get to them, which is why I enlisted the help of my Son-in-Law. He figured out that they were on a site or something like that, but it could no longer be reached. However, the post and link were still on another web site. Your could see what the pictures were like, but they were very small and you could not down load them. Thus, he had to download a photo from the web for the 55 cutter labels and then use software to make them into a file that could be downloaded to print, but one that the pixels were going to be such that the printed label would have good definition.

Previously I looked on the auction site, and on line, and even found someone that would sell a single label for $25 if I recall correctly. I thought $25 for a single label was a bit on the pricy side....for my 55 there are 3 labels on the box, and 4 on the cutter boxes....bringing the total to $175. Way too high in my view.

Stew
    Last edited by Stew Denton; 11-29-2020 at 2:35 PM.