Hello!

I'm going to try to grow a few skills in cabinet-making. These cabinets will get built up with curved corners from base material (ie. Baltic Birch ply), and skinned with veneer such as curly maple. Top from Wenge butcher block. The goal is to adhere veneer around the corners of maybe 1" or 1.5" radius, like this but with flush drawers added:

2020-11-28a_PassengerCabinet_CAD.jpg

Question #1: Where are good places to order large sheets of veneer like the curly maple? I will tailor the design to allow seams in the veneer to accommodate available veneer sheet size.

Question #2: How to make this red finish!? I'd love to more or less replicate the gorgeous color of my home stereo speakers... Sonus Faber Elipsa Red SE. Italian-looking and Italian-made. They are not the deep dark dragon's blood red varnish, and besides I'm figuring on a 2-part Epifanes polyurethane topcoat.
2015-07-09_Stereo_5374.jpg 2020-11-28_SonusFaber_ElipsaRedSE_8712.jpg 2020-11-28_SonusFaber_ElipsaRedSE_8713.jpg

I emailed the manufacturer, and they actually emailed me back! In Italian....
Please see the following composition; I hope it will be helpful for you.
37,5 % Holzlasur 2000 marrone N°3
12,5 % Holzlasur 2000 rosso
25 % Solvente ecologico Sinopia
23,5 % Tingilegno Veleca arancio
1,5 % Tingilegno Veleca nero

Which Google translates in English to:
37.5% Wood glaze 2000 brown N ° 3 (but looks like stain and not glaze)
12.5% Wood glaze 2000 red
25% Sinopia ecological solvent
23.5% Veleca wood dye orange (www.veleca.it)
1,5% Black Veleca wood dye

Could y'all point me in a direction or two for experimentation? Something that might accentuate wood grain?

Grazie molto! - Ralph in Colorado