Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rejuvinating The Companionway

Andy, the issue was with the method used to add them originally. You shouldn't be having issues viewing those posted later unless you're on a very slow connection.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Jim--it's not my connection. This is only a problem with expanding these thumbnails.
    "Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're doing."

Julie, now you have the picture problem solved I wonder if it would be helpful to start over and reboot this topic in an entirely new thread to remove the distraction of the photo problem discussion and focus on the project. (Which looks great!)

JKJ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by andy bessette View Post
    Jim--it's not my connection. This is only a problem with expanding these thumbnails.
    Andy, I'm on DSL and the thumbnails expand on my laptop in about 3 seconds, so you may have a problem somewhere that is causing your delay, they did the same on my tablet..
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Blog Entries
    Julie, I like your restoration work and most of all your finishing room. I sailed on an older wooden yawl when I sailed at the Academy. Most of the interior woodwork was Mahogany.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

attempt three at photo upload works for me. Awesome work. I especially like the vacuum cleaner nozzle in the tail vise, what a great idea.

FWIW can't see the photos in the thread. When I click Thread Tools-Show Printable Version
    it show links but when I clicked on one I got a blank screen in the area where content should be.
    I can see John's picture

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hutchison View Post
    FWIW can't see the photos in the thread. When I click Thread Tools-Show Printable Version
    it show links but when I clicked on one I got a blank screen in the area where content should be.
    I can see John's picture
    Mike, did you find the message where Julie uploaded again, Attempt #3? https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....73#post3074473
    From the messages that followed, it seemed that solved the problem. (Might be hard to find the message since it's buried deep in the thread.)
    Can you see those pictures?

JKJ

Yep, I do see Attempt No. 3
    Looks Good

Another person here who in the past has appreciated your work Julie, but who can not see the photos. I do see John’s photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe A Faulkner View Post
    Another person here who in the past has appreciated your work Julie, but who can not see the photos. I do see John’s photo.
    Joe,

Did you see where Julie reposted the images and people then replied they could see them?
    https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....73#post3074473

Can you see the photos in this post? (It is buried kind of deep in the thread.)

I didn't see if these were posted in a new thread but if not, that would make them easier to see.

JKJ

For what it's worth, I can see the photos. Also, nice work, Julie!

I see the pictures. No end to varnishing on a boat, just to hang on to the wood! When you think you’ve finished, you have not. Extra UV block seems to make little difference. How many coats do you use?
    ​You can do a lot with very little! You can do a little more with a lot!

Blog Entries
    I can see all of the pictures and don't mind seeing them twice. Lovely work! lovely boat, and a beautiful neighborhood.
    Best Regards, Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by William Fretwell View Post
    No end to varnishing on a boat, just to hang on to the wood! When you think you’ve finished, you have not. Extra UV block seems to make little difference. How many coats do you use?
    I think it was either 3 or 4 coats, as per mfg specs. It's Interlux Perfection Plus, a 2 part varnish. Practical Sailor tests showed it to last 2 years on the Florida sun. But you're not kidding about never finishing. It's already beginning to peel.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain