Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rejuvinating The Companionway

I suggest you create a non-privileged account like the rest of us and look again.

None of Julie’s pictures for me either. Not even a blank space where they would be.

I see John’s, but not Julie’s. And yes, it’s a great way to build up some anticipation for the photos!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Zona View Post
    I suggest you create a non-privileged account like the rest of us and look again.
    If that was directed to me, it's not something I can do or would do. The reason I asked "how" she's posting the photos is to troubleshoot the issue of why most people cannot see them.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I can’t see the photos
    Some Blue Tools
    Some Yellow Tools
    A Grizzly Collection
    ShapeokoXL
    Blue and White 50 Watt

Test, copying and uploading one of the files

I tried something - I copied one of the photos to Photoshop. I noticed it came in as a .bmp file. I saved it as a .jpg and put it on my disk and uploaded it to one of my galleries. As a test, I'm posting it here with the gallery BB code method:

Also, this should be the thumbnail version with the Insert Image icon:

__temp.jpg

(I could not get the .bmp version to upload into SMC)

Can anyone see these files?

JKJ

I see the two you posted John, but not the ones posted by Julie. Tried a couple of browsers.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    If that was directed to me, it's not something I can do or would do. The reason I asked "how" she's posting the photos is to troubleshoot the issue of why most people cannot see them.
    Yes, many people post photos and almost always EVERYONE (contributors) can see them. What is different about this set? Have others besides myself and Julie uploaded first to a SMC gallery then referenced that for a full-sized inline photo?

Could the files themselves be different in some way? Note that when copying a photo directly from a message here OR from her SMC album I could not get the file to even upload properly without saving it as a jpg. What editing program and parameters were used in creating these files?

Julie, could you try using the Insert Image icon to post those pictures as thumbnails to see if that would work? If you want, email a photo or two to me so I could try look for something odd in the photo structure.

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    I see both of the new photos...how are you actually adding them to your posts, Julie? Are you using the image button and then either uploading or linking to them or what?
    First try was using the image icon - choosing URL - copying and pasting the URL taken from the SMC album image.

Second try was going to the image in the SMC album and copying and pasting the BB code.

Any other suggestions?
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    Yes, many people post photos and almost always EVERYONE (contributors) can see them. What is different about this set? Have others besides myself and Julie uploaded first to a SMC gallery then referenced that for a full-sized inline photo?

Could the files themselves be different in some way? Note that when copying a photo directly from a message here OR from her SMC album I could not get the file to even upload properly without saving it as a jpg. What editing program and parameters were used in creating these files?

Julie, could you try using the Insert Image icon to post those pictures as thumbnails to see if that would work? If you want, email a photo or two to me so I could try look for something odd in the photo structure.

JKJ
    All of the images were created the same as images I have posted in the past, with the exception that this time, instead of taking images off my website, I created an album here and took the images from that.

In the past I have always used the Image icon to post pictures. As I explained to Jim, that's what I did on the initial posts.

Attempt #3: Uploading from my computer

Starting point
    CompHatch_001.jpg
    Cumaru piece with Aloha insignia that wasn't used
    CompHatch_002.jpg
    Some of the tools used to get all the old varnish off
    WB_prep_001.jpg
    A piece of cumaru to be graved onto a louver
    WBRepair_01.jpg
    After graving
    WBRepair_02.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Moriarty View Post
    Attempt #3: Uploading from my computer
    I see five thumbnails, expanding to images when clicked.

JKJ

Success! I see them as well. Nice job!
    Julie: I did respond to your pm.

See them as well now. Beautiful restoration work, Julie. I don’t pull my floats out often, but they are nice for certain tasks. I’ll bet they did a nice job in those tight areas.

Didn't see any of OP's photos until the posted thumbnails, which take a ridiculously long time to upload. Gave up on trying to view those.

Why not use something like postimage to post? Way easy and everyone can see them, not just the moderators.
    "Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're doing."