Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Inca LS-25 Positioner for SC2 Classic Sliding Saw

Here's my setup. Since I used the longer LS positioner I had to extend the aux table a bit. I may do a cleaner install later but it works fine now. I also put a Proscale setup on the crosscut fence and really like it. I have a Powermatic 65 snugged up against the rear of the saw, with a SS C.I. router table in the left wing, and a LS positioner for the router table as well. The router table L.S. positioner was originally on the slider, but then later I got the longer model. It only took nine months for it to arrive.

IMG_0809.jpg

IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_0811.jpg
    Last edited by Dave Cav; 10-24-2021 at 7:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Cav View Post
    Here's my setup. Since I used the longer LS positioner I had to extend the aux table a bit. I may do a cleaner install later but it works fine now. I also put a Proscale setup on the crosscut fence and really like it. I have a Powermatic 65 snugged up against the rear of the saw, with a SS C.I. router table in the left wing, and a LS positioner for the router table as well. The router table L.S. positioner was originally on the slider, but then later I got the longer model. It only took nine months for it to arrive.

IMG_0810.jpg
    Has anyone fitted a DRO to the K3 Hammer outrigger cross cut fence.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

That is great Mike! I actually have this on my list to make identical to how you describe (minus the aluminum extrusion fence…). I’m really glad that it worked out so well for you. I recently picked up an inexpensive LS positioner off of CL for this express purpose. I have my fritz and frans jigs that work great for ripping but this will come in handy for longer cuts with the benefit of only having to move one piece to set the measurement in place of both fritz and frans jigs.

Thanks for the detailed process with pictures.

My quote for the aux table with corresponding hardware came in at over $600 USD when I ordered my SC4 last year. I decided one table was fine enough…

I'm looking at building this for my Hammer K3, this thread is gold. I'm wondering what to use for the fence at the end of the positioner, looking through the Incra site I don't really see anything obvious to use. I see a lot of extruded aluminum options online but wanted to make sure I got something that could be flat to the sliding table for very thin stock (making sure nothing can slide under it).

To update my response upthread, I have replaced my LS parallel positioner setup with a prototype Proscale DRO setup. I worked with one of the engineers at Proscale to use a couple of different parts of their product line and came up with this:

Parallel positioner (4).jpg

I also added a tape and cursor for quick adjustments and to double check the DRO in case of a low battery, etc:

Positioner cursor.jpg

It works great and if anyone is interested I'll dig up the information from Proscale.
    Last edited by Dave Cav; 04-11-2024 at 8:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Parks View Post
    Has anyone fitted a DRO to the K3 Hammer outrigger cross cut fence.
    A good thread dredge. Since my question I have managed to fit a DRO to the cross cut fence on my K3. There is a very good thread on the Felder forum showing a lot of very good methods of adding cheap and accurate DRO's to cross cut fences on Felder/Hammer sliders and anyone interested should take a look. The DRO's available from Chinese sources these days are under $100 and can be fitted to any machine with a bit of ingenuity.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

I will add three articles I wrote which link with Mike's thread.

The first is a cheaper alternative to the Incra: https://www.inthewoodshop.com/Powere...3HammerK3.html

This parallel guide can slide and be positioned anywhere along the wagon ...

The second is a manual (not DRO) micro adjuster to the cross cut fence (the scale is plenty accurate enough for woodworking!):

https://www.inthewoodshop.com/Powere...roAdjust2.html

Thirdly, do not forget a zero clearance insert for the CC fence: https://www.inthewoodshop.com/Powere...learance2.html

There are other K3 articles on this Index page: https://www.inthewoodshop.com/Powere...ery/index.html

Regards from Perth

Derek

Looked around a little more last night and found this:
    https://lambtoolworks.com/parallel-fences

Obviously very well made but I think I can DIY for way less than $1300

@Dave I'd be interested in the Proscale solution

I have the 48" slider with no outrigger. So I'm thinking if I can maybe get a DRO on the crosscut fence at the bottom with a flip stop and a DRO on the hammer auxiliary table extension without a big fence that might be the best solution.

My other question would be if ultimately it would be better to have two parallel rails and not try to use the flip stop at the bottom of the sliding table at all.