Thread: A Blanket Chest for Christmas

A Blanket Chest for Christmas

Blanket Chest Project Post, best view.JPG
    Frame and raised panel, lumber is Ash, Stain is Early American, coat of clear gloss, then a glaze coat of the same stain, then a second coat of clear gloss varnish..
    Blanket Chest Project Post, lid view.JPG
    Lid is a glue up, with bread board ends...
    .Blanket Chest Project Post, inside view.JPG
    Floor has 4 Cedar planks 1/4" thick, sitting on top of a 1/4" plywood "sub-floor" . Sub-floor is glued and screwed to 1 x 2 Pine cleats..
    Blanket Chest Project Post, stash box.JPG
    a Stash Box, for smaller items, the lid also serves as a prop for the lid.

Lid is 3/4" x 28-1/2" x 17" and the chest from floor to top of lid is 24" tall.

Sometimes, you will find older Hope Chests with the small items box...that the lid will pivot up to prop up the lid. pivots being a dowel-like extension of the lid. others might have a drawer that slides underneath the chest....( haven't decided on THAT...yet...)

Thanks for looking in....I hope she will like her little Christmas Present....( My Grandson's "Better Half")

That looks like a very nice gift!

Love the stash box, lots of things could go in there! I sure she will love it!

Chest was finally delivered, yesterday.....with a big red & silver bow......and she LIKED it! No word on how she liked the fancy bow, though.....