Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CIA Internships for college students

Quite a few years ago a guy who happened to be an FBI agent came in to have something engraved. He picked up his job a couple days later and left. Awhile later I noticed he'd left his "FBI Employee Handbook" on the table. Wasn't very big, 4x6 maybe. Out of curiosity I read thru it. What I found interesting about it was how plain it was, wasn't much different than reading thru the "Denny's Restaurant Employee Handbook" I had to read when I was in high school. No visions of Efram Zimbalist Jr. - In Color - chasing bad guys popped into my head Was a rather boring read.

For all I know the thing is still here someplace
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Kev, sounds like Denny's has a good plagiarism case against FBI !
    Many years ago a friend who had been drafted went awol. Several friends were helping him with food ,info, etc. Truth is
    nobody looks for them for a while. But once the FBI gets the case they find them pretty quick. Every one is told "we know
    you are helping him ,it's a Fed crime that calls for 30 years". Or whatever. And FBI picks the guy up next day. Even though
    J.Edger Hoover was ugly as a hippo in a cheap suit, he had standards for his team look. Wouldn't have any guys
    that were not up to TV FBI standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas McCurnin View Post
    After the war, I applied for and was accepted at the agency and was asked in a written questionnaire whether I had ever done any illegal drugs. I asked one of my friends that worked there, who did as many drugs as I did in Nam, and he said there were two types of CIA agents--Geeks and Liars. I declined to perjure myself and passed on the job. It doesn't pay much by the way.
    The pay might not be top shelf, but if you get in good with civilian DoD and the like, and you have a good skill set, you are made for life.

John Brennan, ex-CIA director, in his recent autobiography, talked about applying to the CIA back in 1980, and being truthful about his past drug use. They hired him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    The mention of security clearances brings back a memory and a chuckle.

One day at work in a print shop my manager came in and told me he would take over my press while the two guys in suits talked to me.

A friend of mine needed to go through a security check to work at Los Alamos.

Hearing a couple guys in suits wanted to talk to me did cause a little unease.

jtk
    Even my kids had to be interviewed when I was going through the process...it was cursory, but they still had to have the conversation. Same for my spouse. The investigator even spoke with me privately. Every reference, both personal and professional, too. In person.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I had a secret clearance back in 1968 for the job I took out of college. The clearance went pretty quickly. Of course, I was young so there wasn't much to check.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post
    Kev, sounds like Denny's has a good plagiarism case against FBI !
    Many years ago a friend who had been drafted went awol. Several friends were helping him with food ,info, etc. Truth is
    nobody looks for them for a while. But once the FBI gets the case they find them pretty quick. Every one is told "we know
    you are helping him ,it's a Fed crime that calls for 30 years". Or whatever. And FBI picks the guy up next day. Even though
    J.Edger Hoover was ugly as a hippo in a cheap suit, he had standards for his team look. Wouldn't have any guys
    that were not up to TV FBI standards.
    I believe J Edger looked better in a dress.